Inner Tie Rod Ends

Precise1

I bought two new Tie Rod Ends and have installed one on the passenger side without issue. They are identical, both left hand thread (according to the guy who sold them to me) but the tie rod on the drivers side has right hand thread. What is correct?? Left or right hand thread?? Did some jerky install my drivers side tie rod assembly backwards??

I just want to get this 'right' so I don't have issues when I ask a shop for parts. Anyone know off hand or is willing to go look?? Thanks!! :beer:

B

When I bought mine I asked for inner, drivers side thread and inner, passenger side thread.

might want to change your post title too. You do mean tie rods not ball joints right?

Sounds like your right about the driver's side being installed incorrectly.

X2. I had the same problem. Numnutz at the autoshop installed the passenger side one opposite. I had planned to just replace the inner tie rod ends because the outers were still good. Anyhow, ordered accordinglly, go to install....and the passenger side won't thread in because it is flipped around. I ended up replacing them all rather than returning the one and propagating the error. If IIRC the left head thread tie rods should go toward the center of the vehicle on both sides. I can double check tonight.

Thanks Bud. I was pretty sure that was the case. Last night I swapped that side around and ordered a set of outers also.

When I get this thing put back together, the only things that will not have been replaced recently are the LCA bushings, lower ball joints and idler arm (but 'rebuilt').

B