another 95 trans question

pathydaddy

so probably not the right one to go with eh? that would change speed and gearing and all that jaz... hows 400 for a 95 trans with 118k on it? its my daily so im trying to get it on the rd quick and cheap as i can yet still reliable

also what years are a bolt in with same speeds as my 95?

updat: found someone garenteeing there trans to be great and strong says for 90-95 pathy eill this work as in its a 4speed + OD right?

Edited by pathydaddy

Any '90+ transmission will work. They are an RE4R01A. They are a 4 speed transmission with the 4th gear being the overdrive. That same transmission was used all the way until 2004 when the Pathfinders were completely redesigned. The transmissions used in the '87 and '88 Pathfinders are a L3N71B and L4N71B, respectively. They will bolt in to your Pathfinder but that's as far as the similarities go. Wiring is different, ECU is different, etc. Hell an '87 transmission won't work with an '88.

Edited by Kingman

so probably not the right one to go with eh? that would change speed and gearing and all that jaz... hows 400 for a 95 trans with 118k on it? its my daily so im trying to get it on the rd quick and cheap as i can yet still reliable

also what years are a bolt in with same speeds as my 95?

updat: found someone garenteeing there trans to be great and strong says for 90-95 pathy eill this work as in its a 4speed + OD right?

i think thats a decent price. especially if they are guarunteeing it for a length of time.

Any '90+ transmission will work. They are an RE4R01A. They are a 4 speed transmission with the 4th gear being the overdrive. That same transmission was used all the way until 2004 when the Pathfinders were completely redesigned. The transmissions used in the '87 and '88 Pathfinders are a L3N71B and L4N71B, respectively. They will bolt in to your Pathfinder but that's as far as the similarities go. Wiring is different, ECU is different, etc. Hell an '87 transmission won't work with an '88.

The 88 has the RE4R01A (and was used by all V6, 4wd until 95), the 87 has the L3N71B. The L4N71B was the auto tranny used on the 4cyl from 86-90. The V6 2wds used the E4N71B 86-90. 90+ 4cyl used the RL4R01A, and 96 + it was used on all. (this is for WD-21 and D-21)

Not sure if there is a major difference in the RE and RL, or what the differences even are myself.

Edited by GrimGreg

:yeahthat: Ran out of time to edit my post before I had to leave. Thanks for clearing that one up GG. I have that damn service manual on the RE and RLs but I can't find it anywhere. It's got to be buried in my garage since we just moved. :togo:

so is it a def requirement to use a new torqe converter when puttin my new trans back in (200bucks with no tc) when we dropped the pan in the broken trans there was no metal shavings and filter looked pretty good jus wanna verify before i waste time and more money please respond asap lol