Twin Turbo Pathfinder

ChrisPerna

So i was at a speed shop talking to the guy there about an intake for the pathfinder and he said that a 1995 pathfinder came in there with the turbo setup from a 300zx that was pushing 385 hp on a stock block. is that possiable to even run a 300zx setup in a pathfinder. like i herd there the same motor but if it is possiable why hasnt anyone on this forum done it before?

Off a 300ZX? I imagine the one with the VG30E it's possibly. Although I'm not quite sure as to how well the head gaskets and other bits would hold up.

But the twin turbo was the Z32 and that was a quad cam engine. VG30DE. Turbo's get a T at the end. The Z31 had a VG30E however. VG30ET however was only one turbo and only produced about 200~hp or so stock. That's at about 6.7 PSI. I doubt you'll get THAT much out of a single turbo setup with stock internals. But I imagine hooking up the turbo system from a Z31 doesn't sound THAT odd so long as you can get everything tuned right. Gotta make sure about clearance issues and such too considering the Z31 is a sports car and rides alot lower and is alot shorter than the Pathfinders.

But anything is possible if you put your mind and money to it.

hey its possible to do that i have seen it. it wouldnt be twin turboed though. My guess is he had the turbo reloacted to under the cab area. But yeah at 6.5 psi the vg30et has about 200-205 hp depending on the year. It is a pretty beefy motor since most of the parts are forged you can crank them up to 350 or so with the stock internals just will just need to add better fuel system and possibly a bigger turbo. Alot of people just add stronger pistons and away they go. There are alot of ppl on my z31performance page that have over 500 on a some whatbuilt block

Edited by edicer2

Z32TT would be a hard fit as it is super wide

My Z32 (NA) had the same clutch/pressure plate as my 95 pathy

Would be a nice street truck but I would prefer the handling of the Z vs. a Pathy with all the high-end torque.

Keep the Z at the mall and the Pathy in the mud!

Damn I miss it...

Anything can be turboed - even a sad little Geo Metro with no radio. Did the mechanic specify whether that guy did an aftermarket turbo job on the Pathy engine or was it an engine swap ? A single turbo can actually be more trouble than it's worth in a wheeling setup since they typically tend to be "on-off" mechanisms and don't kick in at low rpms. You don't want the turbo engaging and launching you off the ledge you so carefully tiptoed around! Twin turbos eliminate some of that problem but are expensive. TurboDiesels are a different matter altogether. They make tons of torque down low and the turbo assists with hp.

A proper turbo job runs into thousands and requires more than just bolting a fan to the motor. I'd take an SAS before a turbo any day...

But the twin turbo was the Z32 and that was a quad cam engine. VG30DE. Turbo's get a T at the end. The Z31 had a VG30E however. VG30ET however was only one turbo and only produced about 200~hp or so stock.

Remember about Nissan "Fairlady Z". JDM equivalent of 300ZX, with a VG30DETT (twin-turbo) under the hood.

But this engine is too wide to find room under WD21's hood... It can be fitted here, but with great difficulties.

Remember about Nissan "Fairlady Z". JDM equivalent of 300ZX, with a VG30DETT (twin-turbo) under the hood.

But this engine is too wide to find room under WD21's hood... It can be fitted here, but with great difficulties.

That's the Z32 engine I was referring to. I forgot the extra T. It's a quad cam and really REALLY wide engine.