Hello from Colorado

Pathseeker

Hi everyone, figured it's about time I introduced myself.. My name is Tristan, I live in Colorado near boulder, bought a 95 Pathfinder (LE I believe) this past June and I absolutly LOVE it! I had some problems with my old car and decided that if I needed to get a "new" car I was gonna get what I wanted.. Found this one on craigslist and when my daughter and I went to look at it I pretty much fell in love with it.. There are a few problems with it.. some minor some not... A few rust spots on the body, the side steps are really bad but from what I can tell the frame looks ok. Like I said I believe it's the LE model.. power windows and locks, manual sunroof, leather seats, but manual trans.. seems odd.. suspension is very bad up front, passenger exterior door handle is broken off and the window switch on that door doesn't work. It runs almost perfectly though (if a little lacking in power) and doesn't leak any fluids.. plus... it ONLY has 375,000 miles!!!! lol.. I got a few pictures of it so far...

Pretty good condition though you can see that she sits a bit low in the front

0918091515b.jpg

Here's a better side view, with my daughter and I

IMAG0116.jpg

I need to do some work so I'll probably have a lot of questions, most of which I think I already found here once.. just have to find them again. I searched all over the web for info on the Pathfinder but this truly seems to the THE place to go for answers. Ya'll really know your stuff!!

I'm gonna try to fix the front suspension tomorrow.. already re-indexed the T-bars, just gotta get it to the correct ride height.. think it was Pezzy that measured to the body crease on hers but now can't find that thread... lol.. we'll see how it goes anyway..

Thanks for being here.. and for all the information I'm sure to find!

Tristan

Welcome to NPORA. I guarantee you Pezzy didn't adjust the ride height on her truck by cranking the torsion bars, as she has an R50 (struts up front) You must have been thinking of someone else.

Your truck is, from what I can tell, not an LE. Looks like a well equipped SE. AFAIK, there was no LE with a manual transmission, and I know none of them came with Legos.

Welcome Tristan!! Congrats on the 'new' Pathy, LOL. If you like it now, wai until you have it for a while...

Like Simon pointed out, there is a lot if mix and match with accessories and trim, so much so that very little is unique to the sub models (xe, se,le). It's all good...

He is also correct about Pezzy's rig, he knows her front end quite well and I'm sure... Umm, forget it... :lol:

It runs almost perfectly though (if a little lacking in power)

You have just described every stock pathy made... :D

Yes, measuring to the body crease is the most consistant way, BUT pathfinders generally have a slight nose down stance and if your rear springs have sagged (likely at 375k miles!!) you will be setting the front end quite low to get proper relation. :shrug:

B

Welcome to NPORA. I guarantee you Pezzy didn't adjust the ride height on her truck by cranking the torsion bars, as she has an R50 (struts up front) You must have been thinking of someone else.

Your truck is, from what I can tell, not an LE. Looks like a well equipped SE. AFAIK, there was no LE with a manual transmission, and I know none of them came with Legos.

Thanks Simon, and you were right, I found the post I was refering to about ride height and it was Precise1 that I was thinking of... and thank you for clarifying te LE/SE thing for me I figured it was one or the other but didn't expect a SE to have leather seats I guess... makes more sense than a LE with a manual tranny though.. :scratchhead:

Tristan

Welcome and nice truck. I like the basket that you added too. It must be my Pathy's evil twin or maybe the other way around :D Same year, same color, same options, same transmission and mine even came from Colorado. Having leather and a 5spd it's most like the SE. Do you have heated seats or rear disc brakes? If so you probably have the limited slip rear differential as well. There may be a little orange tag on the back of your rear diff it is.

If you're interested in replacing the nerf bars you can have mine for $25 plus shipping. They are in good shape with no major flaws. I just didn't like them on my truck.

He is also correct about Pezzy's rig, he knows her front end quite well and I'm sure... Umm, forget it... :lol:

Oh behave!

Thanks Simon, and you were right, I found the post I was refering to about ride height and it was Precise1 that I was thinking of...

I was mistaken for B? Or B was mistaken for me?? Either way... WTF!! :D

Welcome to NPORA!!

I was mistaken for B? Or B was mistaken for me?? Either way... WTF!!
Good Lord!!! :ohno01:

B

Um... yeah... well, you both have long hair ya know... I got confused.. :unsure: lol.. sorry

Seriously though, I did finish adjusting the T bars yesterday and both the height and ride are fabulous now.

Do you have heated seats or rear disc brakes? If so you probably have the limited slip rear differential as well. There may be a little orange tag on the back of your rear diff it is.

If you're interested in replacing the nerf bars you can have mine for $25 plus shipping

Kove, yeah I do have the heated seats, I haven't tested them yet, I believe the rear brakes are drum but haven't really paid attention, and I do have a LSD on the rear.

I may be interested in the Nerf bars, do you have a picture of them? Need to show the wife before I can buy anything for the Pathfinder..