uuh....that's strange

wilson

That is normal for smaller sets, I carry 2 as most of my grade 8 half inch bolts are "16mm"

Just like my socket set starts at 4mm and progresses thru 10mm in .5's (4.5mm 5.5mm etc.)

helps when I have to wrench on Jeeps since they like to mix it up half standard/half metric.

I have noticed that a lot of package deals like that skip sockets that arent used frequently so you instead of the 16mm you got the 17mm b/c youll use the 17mm more frequently (at least on nissans). I guess it saves them $ by not including certain sockets but give you what you'll most likely use

i purchased 2 mechanics tool sets about 2 years apart and 1 had a 17mm wrench and the other didnt but had an 18mm wrench

Edited by unccpathfinder

I just purchased a Craftsman 1/2'' drive 10 piece socket set. upon further inspection I noticed there is no 16mm. After looking at the packaging I find that this indeed correct. I'm a noob , but what's the deal with that?

Wait till you go buy that single socket or wrench by itself. Especially the combination wrenches. I need like a 22mm combination wrench and 24mm combination wrench. The price of these two wrenches alone cost 2/3rds of a set that included the 22mm. I went ahead bought the set and the 24mm by itself. My existing set was kind of a cheapo brand anyway. I got lucky too because the set included some micro wrenches that I later needed to install some grease fittings. :itsallgood: