Heater Bypass Hose

richard

I need to replace the heater bypass hose on my 97 Pathfinder and it is in a very awkward place. Is there an "easy" way to do it or do I have to go through the engine to get at it? Anyone changed one of these before without taking out a lot of parts?

I am cursing myself because when the water pump was changed I had some other things "in there" worked on as well. But Murphey's Law says....

Edited by 94extreme
inappropriate wording

i'm not sure of your problem

but i do recoment to cut them off of the heater core (if thats what your after)

I have seen way to many heater cores screwed up because of people pulling too hard on them.

:scratchhead: The bypass is no where near the heater core.

he did say heater bypass.. it's an r50 so who knows..

the by-pass you and i are talking about is this one: http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=23162&hl= it's behind the timing belt and hard to get at regardless.

right there on top of the thermostat housing and behind the timing belt cover.

Thermostat.jpg

My goof. I am talking about the small 90 degree hose off of the thermostat and behind the timing belt cover. The one that the link posted by 94xtreme shows. I gather that I should have called it just "bypass hose" and not "heater bypass hose".

And I totally agree with the comment in the other thread....that hose is evil. Thankfully I have another vehicle so that I can take my time and "enjoy" this one.

Thanks to all for your help. And this forum. First time here, and I have really gained a lot from the other threads in The Garage. Really good stuff for a Screwdriver Mechanic to learn from.

he did say heater bypass.. it's an r50 so who knows..

the by-pass you and i are talking about is this one: http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=23162&hl= it's behind the timing belt and hard to get at regardless.

right there on top of the thermostat housing and behind the timing belt cover.

Thermostat.jpg