FNG, but only to Pathfinders

Precise1

Hey there. Today I bought a '95 Pathfinder XE loaded MT, with 108k for under $6k. A fair deal I think but no steal. I needed an all around reliable 4x4 (its my 'I can get there from here' vehicle or 'the sky is falling !' escape pod), and didn't want to waste days worth of time looking for a slightly better deal. Besides, you never know what you are getting anyway. This is replacing my old horse, an '83 Nissan P/U King cab 4x4, the MOST reliable vehicle I have ever owned in its 10 years of service. It breaks my heart to replace it, but practicality dictates, so I bought a Pathfinder :P If this Nissan is 1/2 as reliable/tough/able as the last, I'll be happy. While no stranger to off road, I'm no Rubicon guy. This SUV will remain basically stock (upgrades only when OEM parts fail) and probably only see 6-8K a year. I'm a machinist who does all his own mechanical work when practical and dont blink to fab, invent parts parts when necessary. My other vehicular fun is a '78 VW Bug Convert that I am lowering, Centerline rims, etc (only because the VW bug is one of the coolest cars ever made) and '01 CBR1100XX for when it absolutely, positively has to be there yesterday (time travel is possible on this bike). I also like camping, jaz, moon lit beaches, stormy fire side nights... EHEM, sorry, I got distracted there.

About your site, I assume the general forum is for discussion/information while the Garage is for specific mechanical stuff. I already have some Q's about window rust, and CV joints, but will search the forum before posting. Any tips (about the site or otherwise) are appreciated. Odds are I will join and come to love picking your collective brains. Thanks guys...

Bernard