Overflow bottle

Tungsten

After doing my cooling system, the last component that I forgot to touch was the overflow bottle. It has those old coolant suds stuck to the walls but that hole is so small, I'm not sure how to clean that. The dealer wants $75 for it and I think its cheaper to clean it than pay up. lol

How does one go about cleaning it? Any special detergents or just soap, water, and shake. I don't want any foreign solutions stuck in there because they are going to interfere with the coolant. Its a simple question but I just want to make sure I do it right. :friday:

I usually take the hose off the radiator, open the overflow and blast the thing with the garden hose. If nothing squirts out the hose to the radiator, I hit it with a little compressed air to blast out whatever is stuck in it.

Yeah, pretty much what he said. Don't be afraid to use something like dish soap or simple green or something, just rince it well afterwards. I have had to clean them because they got so nasty, you couldn't read the level...

B

Nissan changed the design so I had to get a cap too. My cap is the one with the hoses coming into it so it would not work here. Will the new bottle even fit when it gets here? How do I route it now?

:deadhorse:

Replaced it today with a newer design one and it was a direct fit. The old one has hoses going into the cap but this one has a hose at the bottom. My engine temp seemed to have lowered a bit too. :scratchhead: The revised part makes less mess too so it was definately worth replacing it. The bees kept attacking me today because the new cap is bright yellow. :laugh:

Edited by Tungsten