Those nice looking safari racks

Reenman

Hey Aussie pathy owners

Is it just me being a noob or do most of the cool bolt on parts for r50's come from the states?

i have looked on many AUS sites and bought 4x4 action to get ad's and websites but everyone seems to list only a tiny

amount of upgrade gear and bolt on stuff for my 2001 st.

What i really want is for now to make it into a nice looking tourer. I was trying to find an AUS stockist for

the little square safari racks these American guys have, But to fit my R50 rails <------ no luck yet.

Anyone know a really good AUS stockist that could link me to the states so i have a bit more security when importing?

Thats the problem here in Oz, because we have the Patrols & Cruisers, not many places stock things for our chosen weapons. The guys on PCoA might be able to help, post up a link to a pic to one of the US rigs with the rack, might be able to get a make & model off them & have it ordered in.

you should be able to try tjm and arb. they have only just stoped stocking stuff for mine in the last few years. suspension you could try ironman. heard good and bad things about them and there cheap er compared to others. if not you may be better importing something youreself rather than paying a mechanics markup on the import. try a few places like rugged rock etc. a few guys have post with places to go to. i know in qld there are a few place that do suspension lifts with american brands and there are plenty of wreckers in brisbane qld to with alot of pathy bit and pieces. (i just moved from there).... good luck. and dont forget to throw some pics up.

we definatly have thule. there in all the auto shops. rino racks, rolla roof racks (thats what i have on mine) and a few other brands but i dont think i recall the name yakima. probly though. there isnt much here that isnt imported.

• 2 weeks later...