Is this a good deal?

EmptyV

Personally, I would not bother wasting the money on the spare tire mount bracket. You really shouldn't put the spare tire on the roof, where its weight will negatively impact your center of gravity and its surface area will increase drag. Have you ever thought about how easy it would be to pull down the spare, then place a flat tire back on the roof? I don't know how strong you are, but I can barely even lift my tires above my waist, and even then I get tire dirt and filth all over me...

Just a thought...

Personally, I would not bother wasting the money on the spare tire mount bracket. You really shouldn't put the spare tire on the roof, where its weight will negatively impact your center of gravity and its surface area will increase drag. Have you ever thought about how easy it would be to pull down the spare, then place a flat tire back on the roof? I don't know how strong you are, but I can barely even lift my tires above my waist, and even then I get tire dirt and filth all over me...

Just a thought...

Well since I didn't get a ton of feedback from this post, which seems to be the case with most posts, I bought it anyway. I actually just finished mounted the rack and the spare. Mounting the tire was a lot easier then I though it's also a 16x9 rim with a much smaller tire then I will be mounting in about a month. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be but I'm sure once I get my 17x9 wheels and 32's that will change quickly. Thanks for the feedback though.

Billy

i couldn't agree more with Dean. it is a huge PITA to put a spare tire on the roof. my spare tire is 70lbs plus 25lbs for the 16x7 steelie, and i almost killed myself trying to get it up there by myself. i was trying to balance the awkward shape above my head, while not getting myself dirty, and not dropping it on the window.

BUT... a lot of us are limited with our options. a 33in tire will surely not fit underneath (neither will a 32in), nor is it very practical to keep it in the cabin. not only does it eat up nearly all the cargo space, but i certainly don't want to load a flat tire back in the trunk, full of mud and dirt and sand.

without a rear tire carrier, we're very limited on our tire muonting options. 100lbs on the roof does hurt the COG, but i don't plan on even approaching the Pathy's rollover point anytime soon.

BUT... a lot of us are limited with our options. a 33in tire will surely not fit underneath (neither will a 32in), nor is it very practical to keep it in the cabin. not only does it eat up nearly all the cargo space, but i certainly don't want to load a flat tire back in the trunk, full of mud and dirt and sand.

without a rear tire carrier, we're very limited on our tire muonting options. 100lbs on the roof does hurt the COG, but i don't plan on even approaching the Pathy's rollover point anytime soon.

This is another reason that solidified my purchase. I've heard from a few sources that 32's wont fit under but I'd rather drop the extra cash and have a full sized spare. Thanks for reaffirming my purchase, if my wife yells at me I'm blaming you! :ohno01:

Billy