Unlifted 01 PF MAx Tire Size?

tgullo1983

Im looking to get some new tires for my PF, What is the biggest size I can get without a lift and to make sure they dont rub?

Im goin to put 1" strut mount spacers on the front to maybe help a little.

Are 245/75/16s out of the question? Does anybody run with this set up?

Some feedback please looking to order soon

Im looking to get some new tires for my PF, What is the biggest size I can get without a lift and to make sure they dont rub?

Im goin to put 1" strut mount spacers on the front to maybe help a little.

Are 245/75/16s out of the question? Does anybody run with this set up?

Some feedback please looking to order soon

We bought our 03 SE used and it had 255s on it, plenty of clearance with no lift...I'm getting ready to put new shocks/struts/tires on it next month and I'm going to 265s. Looks like they'll clear fine.

Hope this helps......

i thought all these questions were answered in your first thread?

Lol.. I thought so too. I think you should be good up to 31" - someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Or can you go to a tire shop and test fit a tire? That might give you peace of mind knowing that what you buy will work for sure.

I put 245/75r16 on my 01 with the stock 16X7 steel wheels. In a deep bind/flex, the back wheels go up in the wheel well and will rub. The front rub the inner plastic in reverse. But I haven't had it rub when fourwheeling yet. The tires are 30.5 inches tall and I couldn't go any taller. Hope that helps.

Do you think the strut spacer will give me any more clearance to run the 245/75/16? Or just play it save wtih 255/70/16 its only .4 of an inch difference bigger wont make much of a difference.

With one inch lift , have 265 / 75 / R16 you will need to remove the mud gurds and you are ok may rub a bit on full turn but who cares , that is if you do not go offrod and flex ur paty .

If you offroad it then you are in problem on flex my 265's touched the bumper and movewd it out of its place .

Choice is yours if you want to risk it or not .

Thanks for all the help I think Im gonna get the strut spacer and just go with the 255/70/16, I dont wanna push it. The 245/75/16 are cheaper and there a little taller thats why i was debating so much.

Thanks for all the help I think Im gonna get the strut spacer and just go with the 255/70/16, I dont wanna push it. The 245/75/16 are cheaper and there a little taller thats why i was debating so much.

In my opinion, you don't need strut spacer to clear 255/70/16, unless your spring is sagging by a lot. My pathy has 217,000 km with stock spring, and even though people think I have a lowered pathfinder, I can still clear 255/70/16 BFG/MT KM2 just fine. But again, your truck might be a little different than mine and I'm pretty sure that strut spacer will become useful to level your rig once you lift it up. Are you getting the one from NX industry? Also, what kind of tire do you intend to run?

In my opinion, you don't need strut spacer to clear 255/70/16, unless your spring is sagging by a lot. My pathy has 217,000 km with stock spring, and even though people think I have a lowered pathfinder, I can still clear 255/70/16 BFG/MT KM2 just fine. But again, your truck might be a little different than mine and I'm pretty sure that strut spacer will become useful to level your rig once you lift it up. Are you getting the one from NX industry? Also, what kind of tire do you intend to run?

My springs really dont sag at all, I just thought it might give me a little extra room with the strut spacer. I dont do a ton of off-roading so im going to go with BF Goodrich all-terrain ta's. Ive run these tires before and you can beat them in the snow and ice, I live in Buffalo, Ny so we get a good amount of snow.

My springs really dont sag at all, I just thought it might give me a little extra room with the strut spacer. I dont do a ton of off-roading so im going to go with BF Goodrich all-terrain ta's. Ive run these tires before and you can beat them in the snow and ice, I live in Buffalo, Ny so we get a good amount of snow.

If you are going with 255 i suggest you dont use the spacers , keep you suspesion original

I heard only good stuff about the BFG/AT.

One more thing... If I'm not mistaken, a strut spacer might give you a little more room, but will not change the tire to strut clearance as you mount the spacer on top of the strut. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by dududuckling

Ok, so I looked through the other tread (and I may have overlooked it) but I don't see many ppl. putting oversized tires on the stock 17" LE wheels... I want a definitive answer as to what the tallest size I can run on a stock suspension is? I was thinking about 245/75/17 but will those rub? Should I go with 245/70/17? I have 245/65/17 on now...

I don't plan on lifting it right away but need new tires soon. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with General Grabber AT2's. I don't want to have to remove anything in order to fit these tires on! PLEASE HELP!? Pic's would be GREAT! TIA

245/75/17 is a 32in tire, so i don't think you'll clear them without a lift and without trimming some plastic.

Ok, Thanks!!

So... will the 245/70/17 clear without probs? It equates to a 30.5 in. tire... Will these rub?

Edited by jcpathy69

Ok, Thanks!!

So... will the 245/70/17 clear without probs? It equates to a 30.5 in. tire... Will these rub?

Nop it shouldn't rub , the difference in height between the 245/65/17 you have and the proposed 245/70/17 would be plus 1.2 cm .

Nop it shouldn't rub , the difference in height between the 245/65/17 you have and the proposed 245/70/17 would be plus 1.2 cm .

Thanks for your reply... I assumed they would fit, but I'm not extremely knowledgeable about tire sizing. I thought I had read somewhere that someone was running the "75" with some cutting and "70" with no probs.

• Like 1