Two problems...

CeeKay

See below....

1994 Pathy XE, Automatic trans, 100% stock

1. Chugging:

From a stand-still, my truck will sometimes have zero power when I start to accelerate (say I'm at a red light, then it turns green. I take my foot off the brake and hit the gas, and it starts chugging...) It usually only lasts a second or two, and then it returns to full power... This morning, however, it was doing it all the way down my street... o.O

-- Somewhat related: My oil light will slowly creep on/off at idle as well...

2. Funny tach:

My tach is a very confused individual... Every once in a while, it'll work a bit, usually from 0-2k RPM... I've only once seen it fully work, and I've no idea why it did... When it will sorta work, as said, it'll work between 0-2k... When it doesn't want to work, it'll show me tons of different readings as I accelerate... Anywhere from 500 to 4k, and it bounces quite a bit... It's almost as if it's receiving standard readings, then all of a sudden the polarity is switched or something, forcing the tach to show deceleration, when I'm CLEARLY accelerating...

-- Not related: THERE'S NO USEFUL <FLARGARBL> CUPHOLDERS IN THIS RIG!!!! D:<

Any ideas? ANY input; beit suggestions, diagnosis steps, criticism both positive and negative, flaming, spamming, namecalling, hair-pulling, biting, slapping, or pissing contest starting; is GREATLY appreciated...

Thanks,

- CK

For the chugging try wiggling the wires for your MAF. Also how old is your oxygen (o2) sensor?

Mine is an xe as well and has no cup holders. You can get a console out of an SE pathfinder that has the cup holders.

About the stumbling, when was the last tune up? Specifically plugs, wires, cap and rotor. My old Pathy had a stumble on take off for a bit, it turns out that the distributor cap center electrode (from the coil) was missing!! I replaced the cap and no stumble, so check that first. Other than that, what is the timing and does the ECU display any codes. (see How To for instructions)

The electronic units (94-95) tend to fail. Remove the cluster and check the brass screws on the back (grounds) and/or the voltage regulator. There is a thread about that right now...

Yes, the cup holders suck.

B

Mine is an xe as well and has no cup holders. You can get a console out of an SE pathfinder that has the cup holders.

Both my XE's have cup holders in the console... :shrug: