Remote Keyless Door Entry Transmitter Sender Units

DoctorBill

While at Spaulding Wrecking in Spokane, WA on Friday (7/31/09), I noticed a bucket on the counter

that was filled with Remote Keyless Entry Senders - maybe 50 of them or more !

To my amazement, they want $3 each !

I have one Remote Keyless Entry Unit that the previous owner sold me with his '95 Pathfinder 4x4.

It was "broken" and still on the Keychain - thank God he hadn't tossed it, cause I fixed it !

Just had a broken lever arm that contacts the inside switch. Some Gorilla Glue and it was back

in business....

BUT - If I were to find a Nissan Pathfinder Keyless Remote in that bucket at the wrecking yard,

could I get it to work for my Pathy ?

How would I be able to tell what year the Remote (in the bucket) is for ?

I'll bet a working 1995 Pathfinder Remote will be like finding gold nuggets in my backyard cat crapping spot !

I have a link I found in the Garage 'How To's' section...

Fix Your Keyless Entry !

Has anyone had success in doing such a thing ?

For me, electronics is like magic - Merlin the Magician stuff.

I know an ohm from a volt - resistors, transistors, capacitors, coils, diodes, LED's, and solder...but not much more.

Could I reprogram one of those Remotes in the bucket ?

What year Keyless Remotes would work for a '95 Pathfinder ?

Buying one for a '95 is very near impossible or very costly - they usually don't go back that far.

CarandTruckRemotes.com

ikeyless.com

keylessride.com

If anyone reading this knows of more links concerning Keyless Remote Transmitter reprogramming,

fixing or sources for older ones, on this or other Forums, please add them in a reply.

Maybe we can put together a Thread tying all these Keyless Remote Door Lock Openers together so

folks don't have to "Search" until they puke...

DoctorBill

Edited by DoctorBill

If it says "Pathfinder" on it and looks like the picture below, it is a WD21 keyless remote. As far as I know, no other Nissan keyless remotes will work with this system. I bought my remotes used and programmed them to work with my truck. As long as it's not broken, it can be programmed to the vehicle.

WD21_Remote.jpg

Edited by KovemaN