HELP! Stereo install, '94 interior

CeeKay

So, I got a '94, and that's when they changed from the easy and durable interior to the new and sleek interior...

Anyway, how exactly do I get the head unit out?? Do I have to take the ENTIRE plastic piece off, including the center console!? Or, does that big black face plate thing just pop right off? What's the best way to do it without breaking anything?

I got an Eclipse with pre-out only. Gonna amp the speakers and then run a sub...

Thanks,

- CK

P.s. YES, I checked in the tutorial section... It didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. :\

Edited by CeeKay

There are two screws under the hazards and dimmer toggle. Take those out, and if I remember correctly it will just snap out. There should be like two or three metal clips. Other than that, should be cake.

that should be it, but you also then have to disconnect the hazards and dimmer wires, short wires, but easy

Thanks. Got it, eventually...

Anyone have a wiring diagram or pin-out? I can't seem to find the right wires for speaker hook-up... >_<

Also, mine has the tweeters in the A-pillars and above the cargo area, if that matters any...

Thanks,

- CK

Thanks. Got it, eventually...

Anyone have a wiring diagram or pin-out? I can't seem to find the right wires for speaker hook-up... >_<

Also, mine has the tweeters in the A-pillars and above the cargo area, if that matters any...

Thanks,

- CK

Unplug the speakers on the doors, etc

Grab the plugs, and look at the color codes on each wire. They trace back to the radio.

Well it could also be because I got a bunk head unit...

It's a '98 Eclipse, but it plays BURNABLES and has pre-out only... O.O

But, it fskcs up once it warms up... SO, I'll have to lay the smack down on the coworker who sold it to me. >:\

So, I'm gonna just buy some stuff from Crutchfield... Pretty damn good deal atm, everything I need for the Brahma, except the box...

- CK