rear spacers?

wrightfox

Boston how did loosing the plastic lining contribute to you totaling the first engine? When I get my 33's maybe 34's I plan on just heating up the plastic with a torch and bending it back.....hopefully not catching my engine on fire whilst doing so :O
the factory airbox extends all the way into the driver's front fender. without the inner fender in place, the intake is more susceptible to pull in water.

he flooded his first engine.

^^ What he said...

Thats why the next mod is a snorkel & probably relocating the alt & starter up & out of harms way.

Snorkel, did you say ? I'll sell you my AC/Gibson snorkel for $250. PM me if interested. It'll ship with most if not all the parts. (May be a few screws missing. I have half a car worth of parts in the garage now.)

Snorkel, did you say ? I'll sell you my AC/Gibson snorkel for $250. PM me if interested. It'll ship with most if not all the parts. (May be a few screws missing. I have half a car worth of parts in the garage now.)

I think I'm just gonna build one.

how would you relocat the alt?? it runs on the belts?

When I did the engine swap last Dec. I looked at a couple of options & a coiuple of places that I could move it to. It' would never be completely safe but better & higher up than it is now. To answer your questionj a bit better , I'd have to make some custom mounts to make it work. There aint nothing out there from a factory or anything.

i used to be into cars and the guy had a sick 240 ut would always tell me anything can be done with enough money... i guess thats no joke i mean if you could move the alt it can just thought. since there is that tension pulley or what ever you call them ou coould remove that and then put the alty on a hard angle up somewhere towards the battery if you coud fabe up a mount that uses the factory alt mount if it can be made stronge and secure enough just make it a tower to hold it up higher????? that might work in mind i cant think how much room there is but mainly just wires and tubes ac and radiator really right?

that was me trying to hang with the big boy!! lmao

i used to be into cars and the guy had a sick 240 ut would always tell me anything can be done with enough money...

Unfortunetly I don't have any money thats why I do the work myself. The suspension lift I installed myself, new bushings I popped out the old ones & pressed in the new ones myself, when my engine sh!t-the-bed last October, you guessed, it I rebuilt & swapped in another motor in a neighbors garage (I don't have one). The money I have goes towards parts everything else is ussually up to me, unlees it's something like bumpers (which I shop around until I can gett it cheap). Ya gotta keep your hustle on.

As far as the D22 snorkel goes I don't have $350-380 to spend on one so I'll probably make one,unless I find one cheap used again.

And the starter relocation, looks like it should not be too big of a deal. I know I'm gonna have a harder time relocating the alty. I promise when I do these things I post up how (don't hold your breath though because school starts back up in about 2 weeks & my work & classes/homework/schoolprojects take up all of my time). I'll probably attempt this over Christmas break.

Edited by Fukinitupagain