Will a '96 Exhaust fit a '98? HELP!

skrillz

Can anyone tell if a '96 exhaust from the cat back is the same as a '98? both 3.3L. Here is a pic of the setup i'm looking at buying, it's a 96 and i have a 98. My question is, my og exhaust has an extra smaller muffler just off the tail pipe, this one in the pic does not. is this an issue or do you think i'm good to go? am i missing any other pipes?

thanks in advance

96exhaust.jpg

Edited by skrillz

That smaller muffler is just a resonator. You do not need it. Pezzy's was removed when her exhaust was redone.

Otherwise, your 96 exhaust will fit just fine on your 98.

no cats? Does that mean u have the most powerful stock 3.3 liter out there. :laugh:

im assuming u dont live in american either....

Haha. No, I'm pretty sure mine is under powered. And I live In VA. It still has the cats that are at the end of the manifolds, So it's not so bad. But since my exhaust is starting to rust, those will probably end up being gone too. I just need to find someone with an Xterra that has headers on it to see if they will fit on the Pathy. Hmm....

Headers, 1.5" piping to a 2-1 muffler, then 1.75" piping out of that...Sounds so yummy!!!

Jose

Haha. No, I'm pretty sure mine is under powered. And I live In VA. It still has the cats that are at the end of the manifolds, So it's not so bad. But since my exhaust is starting to rust, those will probably end up being gone too. I just need to find someone with an Xterra that has headers on it to see if they will fit on the Pathy. Hmm....

Headers, 1.5" piping to a 2-1 muffler, then 1.75" piping out of that...Sounds so yummy!!!

Jose

im trying to save up some money to get the full aero turbine exhaust system. Sounds so good.

Whats that?

Jose

google it. I think its an amazing exhaust system especially because we have pretty small v6's and its hard to get that sound we want and the aero turbine is perfect for my application. And its not too pricey either.

I really dont think u will get a deeper throatier sound out of a v6 from any other muffler.

Edited by LovemyPathfinder

Very intresting indeed. Would work great with my exhaust setup, thats for sure. I wonder how it would sound!

http://www.aeroexhaust.com/car_muffler_2525xl.html

This is just what i need! Although not the turbine (which is on back-order untill who knows when. Popular!) I'm sure this would outlast a flowmaster or any other...looks bad @$$!!

http://www.aeroexhaust.com/aftermarket_muffler_163.html

Edited by 180sx

Ok so i took a look under my truck and noticed that it's a 2 into 1 muffler. there is no collector before it so i'd need to put one in to use this muffler. also noticed that the cat seems to be up near the manifold so i don't think this cat will work either. I'm thinking now this is for a 3.0l pathfinder?

*edit*

So after looking a bit harder i've found that the exhaust in the picture above is for a 3.0L pathfinder and will not bolt up to my '98. so anyone looking for a cheap exhaust+cat for 200 bucks, it's in Guelph Kijiji.

Edited by skrillz

^well sorta yeah. the ad says '96 but he clarified it was for a 3.0L when i emailed him.

oh well, i found a place in North York, Muffler Express - they have the entire exhaust (OEM) from the cats back for 210 bucks. not bad at all!

Cool.

Now, I am wondering about your signiture. It has a Datsun logo on it, which is wrong since your driving a Nissan. And then you say you wish you could afford a Toyota? Whats upi with that, man!

Jose