Windshield washer issue.

Dowser

Hey.

I just tested with the Test light taht I have power to the Fuse box. I do. The Fuse is good. 20amp. I checked on the other end by disconnecting the Plugs going into the Washer Bottle and testing for power there. Good on Both Pumps front and rear. I tested the Pumps themselves with an Ohms meter and they are fine. And I also have 2 sets of Pumps and tried them all in different combinations incase it was something else. With everything plugged in, when I hit the Washer lever for front or Rear, the Wipers start up but the Motor for the pumps can not be heard and obviously no fluid coming out. My last thought is it may perhaps be the Activation Lever? Anyone know how I can test this to verify? Or if you have other ideas send them my way.

check the wiring and the connections to the motor, maybe unplug the connectors and clean them

its probably the switch/lever, start there

if you hear buzzing and nothing comes out then the spray thing or the hose is clogged, twist it out and unplug it, let the hose hang out and flip the wiper up and then fill up the washer fluid reservoir to full

then hit the wash switch a few times and wait for the clog to come out of the hose, if the fluid sprays clean then its the spray thing that needs cleaning

also check for any breaks in the lines

Edited by Tungsten

Well I don't think it has anything to do with the Wiring since I have power right up to the Connector that connects to the Pumps. And I am still fairly certain that its not the Pumps since I did check them with an Ohm meter. I'll just run them straight from the battery a second to see if I can hear the Pump kick in. As of right now when everything is all connected there is NO sound coming from the Pumps which means they are not getting any power. That's why Im 90% sure its the Lever but I am not sure how I can Test the lever Properly to find out for sure without getting another one. Anyone have any electrical testing suggestions for the lever?

Edited by Dowser

happened in my old pathy the pump was bad though idk if thats the case for you i got a whole new wiper fuild thing for like 5 bucks at the u pull junkyard. worked fine after that.

the only sure way to tell if the pump is good is to pull it and actually throw power to it with clip leads or something. Mine just stopped working (I don't even hear a buzz) but I haven't tried to fix it. My last failure was for the rear pump. Turns out the connection was bad (measured power on plug and clip leads made it work) Other failure was a leaky lower pump so I grabbed a full unit from a JY. I probably have one that works or at lease enough spare parts to rebuild one.

if you've verified you have power at the fuse block, power at the motor, and proper resistance at the motor, it could still be wiring. did you check your ground at the motor, or did you use the battery/frame for the ground during testing? also, check for voltage drop at the motor when you actuate the switch. no voltage drop would indicate a dead relay, failure to ground, or an open switch. i don't know if your circuit uses a relay, but i imagine it does; check that also.

it seems more likely to be the wiring and not the switch, imo.

I don't think there is a relay for the washer pumps. They don't draw much current. If I remember my wiring correctly, teh little motors ground back through the wiring harness as opposed to the groundign through the casing or a ground strap. If you are checking voltage by probing the hot lead to a body ground, it could still be the ground wire in the harness.

I just took all 4 pumps I have here. 2 front 2 rear. and tested them all individually with direct power to the Battery. Only 1 works haha Brutal. Even still when I plug that one into the System Its not working. Perhaps I have more then One problem here. Going to do some more testing. Thanks for the ideas so far. Will use them all.

Also, I took the only Washer Pumps from this wrecking yard. only has 1 pathfinder in it. I'll have to go to the Parts for sale section and see what everyone has cause to buy these things new is retarded. Nissan here wants $50.00 canadian each.

Edited by Dowser