90 amp maxi alty

Creekkid

So, I found a great deal on a maxi alty from a 91. Got it for 20 dollars. That's Canadian. So it's probably like 9 US bucks....hehe.

Couldn't pass it up. Just had to pull it myself.

So, I was wondering....I know that these are used once there is add-ons to the electrical system, ie, lights, e-fan and such.

Which I plan to do eventually.

Would there be any problem using it before I do any of those mods?

My Pathy is an SE with the power windows, mirrors, heated seats and mirrors and such.

It seems like these options are already taxing on the electrical system as it is, like when you roll all the windows up or down at the same time.

What do you alll think?

Edited by Creekkid

i had the same alternator on mine. i just switched the pulleys and plugged it in. it held up for 1 season before i buried it in chocolate milk. test it first before you try to install it. most parts stores will do it for free

depends on the condition of your wiring. mine is all original and i have been running maxima alternators for 3 seasons now

Everything is in great shape.....wiring is all a-ok.

Cool. Just want to make sure I'm not going to overload any circuits or anything.

Already got the pulley off....fortunately I have a little compressor now so made that easy as pie.

Any way to check the alty with a multimeter or anything like that......I'm kinda lazy right now, don't feel like going anywhere.

I am willing to take it for granted that it is working...got it off a New Canadians' Maxima that he ran into a pole. The car is..err was in what seemed to be great shape. Looked pretty clean and taken care of under the hood. The guy's dad was telling me how they had been really fixing it up and then BOOM, hit's a pole.

Anyways...so there....now you know.