Rebiulding my vg30 dose anyone make aftermarket pistons

hello,

So I have a 1994 pathfinder 4x4. I pulled compression and im showing 40 in cylinder 4 and 60 in cylinder 6. So I put some oil into the cylinders and it shot compressions up (this tells me its rings). So I am about to remove my engine and rebiuld it at 217k miles. Unless i can find a full longblock or shortblock. The cylinders look really washed down (lack of cross hatching).

However looks like i maybe going the rebiuld route. Dose anyone make aftermarket pistons? or longer rods? or anything cool for the bottem end? :deadhorse:

Loads of parts available thanks to the 300zx.

Yes on differant pistons, weisco and other brands.

Eagle among many other brands makes a ligter stiffer rods but they are all same length. Make sure you order for the correct wrist pin; there are 20mm and 22mm variations.

Finish it of with Deves Racing Rings.

If you get the 300zx pistons make sure your compression ratio stays @ 9:1 the turbo Z's were 8.5:1.

hello,

So I have a 1994 pathfinder 4x4. I pulled compression and im showing 40 in cylinder 4 and 60 in cylinder 6. So I put some oil into the cylinders and it shot compressions up (this tells me its rings). So I am about to remove my engine and rebiuld it at 217k miles. Unless i can find a full longblock or shortblock. The cylinders look really washed down (lack of cross hatching).

However looks like i maybe going the rebiuld route. Dose anyone make aftermarket pistons? or longer rods? or anything cool for the bottem end? :deadhorse:

Where are you located? I have a short block from a '94 I would sell, only has 60K kilometers.