Will the disc rear diff from the 4 door V6's bolt into the 2 door 4cyl's?

As the title says... i'm looking to upgrade the stopping power obviously. Thanks in advace!

Is there even a disc reardiff in them? I'm gettng a bit confused looking throuh some sites as to what's available...

Edited by DreamOrMemory

you should be able to just swap out the shafts, calipers and hardlines on your H233b(pathfinder rear end). My 89 has rear Disc brakes from a 95.

Be warned, topping power will be allot better than you'd expect it to be. I'm very happy w/ my swap.

Here's Nissan Nut's guide for the rear disc conversion;

http://nissannut.com/projects/H233b_disc_brakes/

iirc the 4cyl trucks came with 190 rears, not 233B's

Check the tag on the right hand inner fender well by the firewall :aok:

In the 233B's the difference between a disk and drum diff is a spacer in the center. Drums have it, disks don't. It can be removed but requires the disassembly of the diff

iirc the 4cyl trucks came with 190 rears, not 233B's

Check the tag on the right hand inner fender well by the firewall :aok:

In the 233B's the difference between a disk and drum diff is a spacer in the center. Drums have it, disks don't. It can be removed but requires the disassembly of the diff

um, I left the diff alone and just slid the axle safts in, I don't think this spacer was in the way (if it was there) since everything went flush w/ no forceing b4 I bolted it up. I also did not see a spacer in a drum pathy I took apart for the LSD packs.

um...

This ;)

thrustblockwd21h233b4pi.jpg

It's called a Thrust Block, and all three of the diffs designated for the H233B in the FSM have them.

2Pinion Open Type (Different style TB):

wd21fsmpd73.th.jpg

4Pinion Open Type (This is what mine is):

wd21fsmpd74.th.jpg

4Pinion LSD Type:

wd21fsmpd80.th.jpg

When I started to put everything back together I had a problem getting the axle shafts to seat completely. Pulled out the FSM and started looking, found the TB note about not being used with disks. Opened the diff back up, pulled it out, put it all back together and the axles slid into without a problem *shrug*

I have heard that of others being able to do it, without removing the Thrust Block. But all I can say is that with it in, I seemed to have a problem. Rather than messing around with it, I simply removed it as per the FSM :aok:

um...

This ;)

thrustblockwd21h233b4pi.jpg

It's called a Thrust Block, and all three of the diffs designated for the H233B in the FSM have them.

Ok there may have been something like that when I took the side-gears and packs out of a donor pathy and I assume it may aid in keepeing a decent pre-load on the bearings. However, my '89's pumkin has never been disassembled and so I do not belive the thrust block is a problem (as 88 suggested) or at least not in my case, since my disc axles from a 95 just slid all the way in.

Edited by MY1PATH