Will it hurt?

so my 02 sensor is bad on my 93, and aside from less optimal gas mileage. Will it hurt anything by driving with out it for a little while? It actually is doing pretty well, once it comes up to temp. And I am still getting about 300 miles out of a tank of gas.

thanks

problem is that the ecu will get bad information and make unnecessary adjustments. You could run like crap or throw excess fuel into the cat and foul it. I would replace the O2 as soon as reasonable.

okay, thanks. I have run codes on the ecu-and it reads 55, so no malfs there.

as far as the exhaust-I have 220k miles and it is the original. and living in ID no need for a cat once I replace. So other than a clogged for the short term cat, I am not worried about it for now. Just want to make sure the Engine doesn't get hurt for the short term-2 weeks of a bad O2 sensor for daily driving.

found it

diagnostic procedure 30 in the 95 FSM suppliment will walk you through the check of the O2 circuit and sensor

if you want a quick check... disconnect the O2 sensor and check the resistance between the outermost terminals. It should be between 1 and 1000 ohms. The rest of the procedure checks the circuit from the ECU etc.