wtf is this?

calibeater

ok, i have had a strange tranny problem where if i bounce around alot, my path goes into some sort of limp mode where all i have is 1st and 2nd and to get to first i have to manually put it there. i wasn't sure why but some of you guys said you think it could be a loose wire under it. well i decided to look around under there for awhile and found this, the farthest right plug thing, its a black wire. ( the right side of the pic is towards the front of the vehicle) its cut but is still connected. it was on the passenger side and is by the xfer case and trans. could this be the culprit to my problems???????

post-11358-1241121920_thumb.jpg

I know the issue when I did my 4x4 conversion, was that the plugs that go to the shifter were disconnected... are you automatic? THe plugs are located towards the bottom left corner of the shifter under the carpet.

I know the issue when I did my 4x4 conversion, was that the plugs that go to the shifter were disconnected... are you automatic? THe plugs are located towards the bottom left corner of the shifter under the carpet.

i do have an auto. everytime i start my vehicle, the power button flashes for awhile. and when i tried to check my ecu, it doesnt seem to work like in the directions say. i forgot, for my year do i have either one of these tranny's (RE4R01A/RL401A)? cuz i found the tranny code retrevial that i might try today.

Edited by calibeater