2" or 3" lift?

EmptyV

So I've got an 01 QX4 2WD no bumper/winch. I've got the OME HD setup on it's way and was thinking because of the lack of front differential that the front will sit level with the back without a strut spacer. So is installing strut spacers and doing the bump stop trick for the rear springs to achieve a 3" lift a good idea or not? What is the disadvantage of a 3" lift over a 2"?

Thanks!

Billy

no offense alexr50, but empty v, do you really wanna take suspension advice from someone on stock suspension???

i saw go the extra mile and do 3" i just did the 2" and i wish i had more....esp if i was 2wd i would have been on spacers by now

i knew it was somethin like that :D im sure once you get those coils on you'll be wanting to go higher too. its an addiction man

Agreed, it is a huge addiction...It was so tempting to get the SFD when I had the chance.

no offense alexr50, but empty v, do you really wanna take suspension advice from someone on stock suspension???

i saw go the extra mile and do 3" i just did the 2" and i wish i had more....esp if i was 2wd i would have been on spacers by now

So would you recommend doing the double bumpstop trick for the rear? I don't know of any other way to get the rear up 3".

Billy

FUELER, i'm only offended that you didn't get my name right. ;):D

:rofl:

Agreed, it is a huge addiction...It was so tempting to get the SFD when I had the chance.

The only sh*tty part is the waiting... I lost count, to be honest. :lol:

couldn't you use rubber coil spacers that you put in between the coils ? http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/MRG1287-X2.htm

Nice. Those are definitely a good idea! :aok:

couldn't you use rubber coil spacers that you put in between the coils ? http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/MRG1287-X2.htm

Dude! Thanks for the link, I just ordered a set. Now the last components I need are my rear coils which are on order and the NX4 spacers and I should have a 3" lift. So next question is will 33's fit or should I stick with 32's?

Billy

Dude! Thanks for the link, I just ordered a set. Now the last components I need are my rear coils which are on order and the NX4 spacers and I should have a 3" lift. So next question is will 33's fit or should I stick with 32's?

Billy

I'd say 32's would be ideal for clearance up front. Not sure about 33's but there's a first time for everything. :lol: