First Pathfinder

hey welcome!

welcome , i came in here with the same issue ,i replace the ignition module and that is what it was $90 at advance auto parts........migh want to look into that there is several discuusions about that ..

check the timing belt....pull the top timing cover and if you dont see the belt it broke...put new belt with WP on and try it...if it doesnt run or runs like @!*% run a compression test to find out which cylinders need valves replaced or replace all valves...not a horrible job to do if you have the will to learn or skill to already complete the job

welcome , i came in here with the same issue ,i replace the ignition module and that is what it was $90 at advance auto parts........migh want to look into that there is several discuusions about that ..

You can also use a late 80's 240zx or 300zx module and coil. They provide a hotter spark which may be worth an extra MPG.

• 2 weeks later...
Have sister in law's 1987 Pathfinder. Project for now. Quit running, they thought it might be distributor related. Was running find before with about 133,000 miles on it.

WOW!! An 87 with 133k on it?!?

Check the distributor to see if it spins when the motor is turned, that's far easier than pulling a timing belt cover...

Check the ECU for fault codes (write up in the How To section).

Remember, all else working, you need fuel and spark so check for that first.

B