Power window

2bit

All right, the passenger side window went all the way down, now it won't go up. The little motor makes noise when you press the down button but nothing while pressing up. I'm in rainy Canada and have no garage. How can I manually pull the window up? I took the door panel off but can't seem to figure anything out.

All right, the passenger side window went all the way down, now it won't go up. The little motor makes noise when you press the down button but nothing while pressing up. I'm in rainy Canada and have no garage. How can I manually pull the window up? I took the door panel off but can't seem to figure anything out.

Personally i'd pull off the door panel and see if something just came loose and moved, and if push comes to shove do what i did when my window FELL into the door...

Lift it up with some grilling tongs or something like that, then use a couple of shims and that material you put under rugs so they don't move on slippery floors to keep it from going down again....your situation may be a little diff though

:)

Personally i'd pull off the door panel and see if something just came loose and moved, and if push comes to shove do what i did when my window FELL into the door...

Lift it up with some grilling tongs or something like that, then use a couple of shims and that material you put under rugs so they don't move on slippery floors to keep it from going down again....your situation may be a little diff though

:)

Yeah, the panel is off. I grab the bottom of the window and lifted but nothing happened. I didn't expect anything to but you know...

I think the motor is fskced cause it goes down fine, it just won't go up. I just need a way to make it go back up and stay.

so is the motor trying to push it up but can't?

and if all else fails, use some of the shims i suggested, and once you have the window pulled up, wedge them in between the the door and the window inside the car, that held ours up for more than a month before we got it fixed :)

If you can get a cheapo motor from a junkyard or something, id try replacing it :)

If it's the motor and it won't go up, it's probably gummed up from grease and dirt. Bang on it a few times while holding down the up botton and it might break loose and you can slowly work it up.

Has anyone done a write up or anything about what you can do for fixing/ adjusting power windows?? Mine have gotten really slow lately too. I am just not sure what to do with lubricating or anything.

My guess is its not the Motor at all. Since you hear the motor operating when its going down thats a sign its working properly. My bet is its the switch. Try taking your Drivers side switch and swapping it to the Passenger side to test it.

This was fairly common on the Dodge Ram Trucks I worked on at the dealership. I replaced a LOT of switches with this exact issue.

My guess is its not the Motor at all. Since you hear the motor operating when its going down thats a sign its working properly. My bet is its the switch. Try taking your Drivers side switch and swapping it to the Passenger side to test it.

This was fairly common on the Dodge Ram Trucks I worked on at the dealership. I replaced a LOT of switches with this exact issue.

Yeah, switch or wiring, if the motor is working when winding down it shoud be fine. You could unplug the motor and test the wires with a multimeter to confirm, but I would leave the motor as a last resort.

I have a similar problem with mine... Usually when it "tries" to work you can hear a slight electrical click on that side but nothing happens. I have found that taking the switch panel off and mucking with the wires seems to get it working again.

But for me I think mine is a bit of a different problem as the power door locks seem to go out about the same time the window decides to stop working. If I can bang, curse, spit and muck with that door enough to get one working the other seems to as well.

Speaking of... anyone know of a guide to properly take the door panel off without destroying the clips? Think this would help so I can get in there with multimeter to check cus I have an odd feeling I have a weird ground issue on that side.

I had this problem in both of my pathfinders! before you go mess with the motor please try this. Mine would go down but not up and it was the rear passenger one. WHat happened on mine was water leaked onto the front window control switch on the drivers door and corroded the plugs .I could parly see that it was corroded so i clean both sides and connected them to gether and I did the same for the other 3 switches just to make sure and what do you know it fixed it! I figured it wasnt the motor because i took the motor out and repalced it with a new one and it still didnt work so then i cut the wire and then fliped the pos and negative that go to the window motor and it would go up if i fliped them back then it would go down so it was obviously a problem which the switches. SO check the connections with your door switches

Edited by edicer2