95 pathfinder shift while

ac92pathfinder

It downshifts as you slow down, I think the shift in to first gear is pretty much at a stop, or if you're coasting at 5mph for a while it would kick down.

Literally shifting from like first to second while at a stop? There's no way you would know that unless you start driving because it's at idle.

i feel it its like putting it into drive when u step on the brake

when the throttle is closed the manifold vacum increases on some vehicles you can feel this change in the brake booster.

Could this be what your feeling?

Ah so it's sticking in second gear at the stop and then a few seconds later finally downshifts into first?

Like 88 said, sounds like a shift solenoid sticking.

Yes, if you can get the pan off you can change the solenoids out, but...you have to buy a full solenoid pack at a dealership and do all of them at the same time. I don't specifically remember how deep inside the trans those are but you definitely have to pull the pan and filter screen at the very least.

i hate changing the transmissiom fluid that when i have bad luck there. i'll ask my mechanic and see what he will charge latley it hasnt done it. but im looking into get the right front wheel looked it and i can feel something when i have the wheel cranked to the right when i back up i can feel movement. car has 177k on it