33" Tires

OldSlowReliable

You don't want 16.5" tires, man. I seriously doubt you'll be able to find wheels to go with them that will fit the Pathy unless they come with some Chevy 6-lug wheels. Most 16.5's are 8-lug AFAIK. A tire shop will NOT install 16.5 tires on 17" wheels, sorry.

You don't want 16.5" tires, man. I seriously doubt you'll be able to find wheels to go with them that will fit the Pathy unless they come with some Chevy 6-lug wheels. Most 16.5's are 8-lug AFAIK. A tire shop will NOT install 16.5 tires on 17" wheels, sorry.

Yeah, I was reading about them being bad for airing down or even highway driving :S

I think im going to pass them up afterall if the guy in line ahead of me would MAKE A DECISION!!!

saves me 50 bucks in gas though :)

bummer :(

Thanks guys/gals :)

i wouldn't drive 3hrs for some 16.5 MTs, unless they were nearly-new TSLs or MTRs or KM2s.

like 88path said, it's almost impossible to find a 16.5in rim on a 6x5.5 lug pattern. older chevy's ran 16.5s, but they were almost always an 8-lug. with that said, i was at the auto salvage today and saw a set of 16.5in 6-lug rims. if they didn't have so much backspacing, i would've bought them - they're that hard to find.

i wouldn't drive 3hrs for some 16.5 MTs, unless they were nearly-new TSLs or MTRs or KM2s.

like 88path said, it's almost impossible to find a 16.5in rim on a 6x5.5 lug pattern. older chevy's ran 16.5s, but they were almost always an 8-lug. with that said, i was at the auto salvage today and saw a set of 16.5in 6-lug rims. if they didn't have so much backspacing, i would've bought them - they're that hard to find.

Eh, it was mostly because getting the tires is 1/2 my $$ required...and these have 70% left so....

But its lookin like ill be waiting anyways!! But i still get the 4' cb antenna

don't worry, keep checking the classifieds around your city. Check the local jeep message board classifieds too. there are usually tonnes of sets of tires that pop up for sale. especially around this time of the year. I shopped around for months before a fellow CNTC member offered me his old set of 33x12.5x15" procomp mt's. I got them for $400 and sold the jeep wheels they came with for $100.

kijiji and craigslist are also good places to look. if you're really stuck, you can always post up a WTB (want to buy) ad on forums. you never know if someone is thinking of selling theirs

16.5 is such a rare wheel diameter. you have tonnes of choices of tires in 15 and 16" sizes. I think i am going to go with 16" wheels next time I buy a set. It seems like there are more choices for sizing, and i never really air my 33's down super low either (an advantage of 15" wheels) I like Simon's 285/75r16 tires. they are a little taller and narrower than 33x12.5x15's. You usually have more choice of 16" wheels to pick from.

Why not just pick them up, since they're free, and then sell them. Maybe someone not knowing will buy them from you and you get a direct profit from the whole deal.

Why not just pick them up, since they're free, and then sell them. Maybe someone not knowing will buy them from you and you get a direct profit from the whole deal.

Well im 2nd in line...but the 1st in line has spent three days NOT making a choice.....And i would have to drive three hours and spend 50+ bucks in gas...... and there are people in line after me looking to get them free to, and if i don't need them id rather let someone who does pick em up :\