auto tranny shifting from reverse to drive

foreverpathfound

My pathy takes along time to go into drive from reverse. But from park to reverse its fine and from park to drive takes like 20sec or more sometimes to go into drive. What is going on?????? is this a common problem easy fix or bad news? (tranny shifts fine and runs through all the gears fine) Does it need a cable adjustment or?????????????????? :togo::suicide:

As far as I'm aware, any trouble with reverse means the tranny is pretty much done for

Not always. Mine was just dirty...

How does the fluid look? Have you ever changed it?

My pathy takes along time to go into drive from reverse. But from park to reverse its fine and from park to drive takes like 20sec or more sometimes to go into drive. What is going on?????? is this a common problem easy fix or bad news? (tranny shifts fine and runs through all the gears fine) Does it need a cable adjustment or?????????????????? :togo::suicide:

I am guessing is Auto trans. check sensors some times are not accurate and solenoid valves take long to respond when driving takes long to shift from 1st to 2nd? and if so it do it smoothly or take some work?

As always, if you have an auto, get an external trans fluid cooler and do NOT use the stock cooler. Flush the fluid and bypass the stock cooler.

I'd try a fluid change first and see if it helps. A long pause between gears is a bad sign as far as I know.