VG33E oil filter

Mornin' ya'll...

Well, more snow and crappy weather's been hampering my progress in getting this filter relo kit installed. Luckily, I'm able to do a bit more research regarding other aspects of the VG's oil system.

I'm running Castrol Syntec 5W30 and will continue to do so unless a shipment of Eneos FullSyn gets to a friend in the city. I'm presently using a Napa Gold oil filter which has sufficiently served its purpose. But it got me wondering: are there other options out there worth exploring? K&N? Bosch?

They're essentially all the same, I know. But I'm a stickler for knowledge. :lol:

Well, the K&N and Mobil1 oil filters are 100% the same, except that the K&N has a nut welded to the end to make it easier to remove it.

They're overpriced for what they are, and the NAPA Gold, which is made by Wix, is actually among the best oil filters available in terms of filtration capability. If it's workin for you, why change it?

Right you are, Dan. :aok:

You're absolutely right; I'll just stick with what's good. If the Motul filters were easier to find and not a gargantuan amount of dough, I'd be inclined to try one.

I don't know about Napa Gold, but the Mobil1 is actually slight longer than the stock filter...also I never had an issue with the price since the cost vs. replacement time for the oil and the filter are cheaper this way...

I don't know about Napa Gold, but the Mobil1 is actually slight longer than the stock filter...also I never had an issue with the price since the cost vs. replacement time for the oil and the filter are cheaper this way...

Well once this relo kit's installed time won't be much of an issue for replacing the filter. :crossedwires:

Well once this relo kit's installed time won't be much of an issue for replacing the filter. :crossedwires:

I hear that, that VG33 was a royal pain in the arse...the VQ35 is MUCH easier to replace, and nowhere near as messy

Don't complain about the oil filter on the VG33, until you've tried to get to the oil filter on a B18C1. You can't even SEE the thing, let alone get a filter wrench on it. I spent about 20 minutes feeling around for it. It's mounted sideways on the block, so no matter WHAT you do, you spill oil all over the exhaust manifold.

Don't complain about the oil filter on the VG33, until you've tried to get to the oil filter on a B18C1. You can't even SEE the thing, let alone get a filter wrench on it. I spent about 20 minutes feeling around for it. It's mounted sideways on the block, so no matter WHAT you do, you spill oil all over the exhaust manifold.

So it's like a WD21.