the pros and cons of inner tubes in tires ?

Pinip

i have friends that put tubes on their trucks ... i mean their tires( not for playing )... to go in woods... i wonder if it is still an advantage, considering the tires on the market ?

Edited by Pinip

...probably...i have seen tires deflating due to side pressure near the rim... ''is that what ,blowing out the bead'' means ?...but i do not quite understand '' is it for airing down "... is it deflate a tire like to 12psi to get more adherence in sand like ? if so i find the idea interesting...

Edited by Pinip

Yea, when driving off road in mud, sand, or snow it is a good ideato drop your tire pressure... i go to 15psi.... but the lower you go, the better the traction. However you run the risk of dropping so much pressure the sidewall of the tire loses its contact with the rim and the tire deflates.... i could see an intertube helping that situation... and same for Gregs thought.

do they also use diesel in their gasoline trucks?

...Just a little... it has 2 goods aspects : it cleans the valves and it makes just enough smoke to get the bugs and moskitos away for a while, depending of the season !

Yea, when driving off road in mud, sand, or snow it is a good ideato drop your tire pressure... i go to 15psi.... but the lower you go, the better the traction. However you run the risk of dropping so much pressure the sidewall of the tire loses its contact with the rim and the tire deflates.... i could see an intertube helping that situation... and same for Gregs thought.

thank you Beavis0076 and GrimGreg... for this valuable info ...

• 3 weeks later...
i have friends that put tubes on their trucks ... i mean their tires( not for playing )... to go in woods... i wonder if it is still an advantage, considering the tires on the market ?

This is an old school method of internal beadlocks.

it works, but not very good.

If you push the tire off the bead, you won't loose air.

downside, is if you push the tire off the bead, you might get something inside and puncture the tube.