Vacuum Leak

burton8it

So my 92 XE about two weeks ago has been starting to whistle at me. The problem is at cold start up you can hear a very high pitched whistle coming from the engine compartment. Also when you are coming to a stop the RPM's will stay at around 1800 for a frew seconds once stoped then slowly go back to regular idle. I've checked all my hoses and can not find a leak anywhere. Any words from the wise may help me find the mystery whistle.???? :shrug:

Did you check your vacum motors? ie Egr valve might have a crack in it diafram, dash pot leaking, cruise control diafram, brake booster other vacum controlled devices?

I dono, just thought

Did you check your vacum motors? ie Egr valve might have a crack in it diafram, dash pot leaking, cruise control diafram, brake booster other vacum controlled devices?

I dono, just thought

HMMM i'll double check the brake booster. Cause we just replaced the engine and replaced every thing that needed to go on it

HMMM i'll double check the brake booster. Cause we just replaced the engine and replaced every thing that needed to go on it

Where in the engine compartment is the noise coming from?