Newb from Hope BC

Balmer

Hi everyone,

Just another newb here. I'm from Hope, BC, where I am the local funeral director/embalmer.

My 1st car was a '73 240Z so I've been a "Nissan" fan for many, many years and continue to find new reasons to appreciate them.

I've been wheeling stock/lightly moded rigs for a few years now. I have a '90 'Finder that I've yanked the sway bars on and thrown on some 31" off-roaders.

I sunk this rig in a silt pit late last year. The engine hyroed and the computer got muddy and subsequently stopped providing input to 2 of my injectors. It took months of trial and error as well as invaluble info provided by the good folks that frequent BC4X4.COM to find the cause, but now the beast lives again! I'm just working out a few other post-swammping issues and will be insuring it in the next couple of days.

I'm planning on adding a locker to the rear this summer (probably the Powertrax No-Slip or Lock Right) as well as a cutom bumper and winch.

Next year I'm hoping to do a SAS using a D44 and radius arms from an old Bronco. I've seen this swap done on a couple of 'Finders and it seems pretty kick ass.

Any SAS info would be appreciated, also I'm interested in any other tech info that's pertinent...I have a few gems to swap tech-wise as well.

It would be great to get to know some local Nissan nuts as well as those world-wide.

Darin

'Balmer

Welcome Darin!!

Sounds like you have a handle on things fairly well. You should check out our Solid Axle Swap section for most of your SAS needs, and you should be able to search for old threads as well. (Hint: Use the advanced search function)

Just another newb here. I'm from Hope, BC, where I am the local funeral director/embalmer.

Hope, BC? Is that like you HOPE some day you'll be able to move away? Embalmer, Eh? Got a lay away plan? Hehehe... :D

B

Hi everyone,

My 1st car was a '73 240Z so I've been a "Nissan" fan for many, many years and continue to find new reasons to appreciate them.

I've been wheeling stock/lightly moded rigs for a few years now. I have a '90 'Finder that I've yanked the sway bars on and thrown on some 31" off-roaders.

I sunk this rig in a silt pit late last year. The engine hyroed and the computer got muddy and subsequently stopped providing input to 2 of my injectors. It took months of trial and error as well as invaluble info provided by the good folks that frequent BC4X4.COM to find the cause, but now the beast lives again! I'm just working out a few other post-swammping issues and will be insuring it in the next couple of days.

I'm planning on adding a locker to the rear this summer (probably the Powertrax No-Slip or Lock Right) as well as a cutom bumper and winch.

Next year I'm hoping to do a SAS using a D44 and radius arms from an old Bronco. I've seen this swap done on a couple of 'Finders and it seems pretty kick ass.

Any SAS info would be appreciated, also I'm interested in any other tech info that's pertinent...I have a few gems to swap tech-wise as well.

It would be great to get to know some local Nissan nuts as well as those world-wide.

Darin

'Balmer

If i recall there was a whole mountain slide around 1962 that covered the road and 6 cars underneath with the occupants... they rebuilded the road on top of the ''crumbles'' of rocks... a very impressive view while driving trough this serpentine road !! this is the beginning of the wild west isn't it ?

Edited by Pinip

Welcome!!! Seattle here, so not toooo far away :treadmill:

A Fiat Spyder...what a masochist! My brother had one years ago, lot o' fun and a beauty of a body design, but man, what ordeal to own!!!

'Balmer

If i recall there was a whole mountain slide around 1962 that covered the road and 6 cars underneath with the occupants... they rebuilded the road on top of the ''crumbles'' of rocks... a very impressive view while driving trough this serpentine road !! this is the beginning of the wild west isn't it ?

That's the place alright. Saddle up and ride! The slide was a pretty crazy thing, we're known for our amazing out doors recereation areas and rivers. Fishing and hunting are huge here. It's a great place for off-roading too! I'll be posting lots of pics as time goes on! Theres some really cool reading about one of our earliest explorers Simon Fraser (after whom much of our is named), he battled the Fraser River through the Faser Canyon into what's known as "Hell's Gate". This is some serious stuff, check it out on Google!

'Balmer

BC, I considered moving there once, but then I met the wife and that put a stop to that. Welcome to the madhouse, heaps of info here, always someone to dish out advice.

My niece lives in OZ also.

Cheers