Quick Question. More curious than anything

Hey I was looking at engines today, don't need one or anything, mine has 217k on it and was just curious to see what I might be looking at down the road...Anyways, back to the question. Has anyone ever slapped a 3.5 in one a WD21? Or how bout the VG30E Turbo out of an 85-89 300? Just curious, cuz either one of those would be sweet.

Edited by mzxtreme
tweaking the title

Depends on the maintenance. How often the timing belt was replaced, frequent tune ups, etc.

I don't believe anyone has swapped a VG35 into a WD, and I don't think there would be enough room.

I don't believe anyone has turbo'd a Pathfinder before either, if you did you would have to custom make some crazy ass fittings for a turbo to even fit anywhere in the engine compartment.

your best bet for ease of transition would be to put a vg33 in there. and for a little more go install some new or re-conditoned vg30 cams in the vg33(the 33 cams were smaller) heads and all new lifters. you should see a minimum 10% improvement all all arround. and its the same block so no adapters needed.

Yeah, looking back on it, kinda a stupid question. I just thought it would be sweet to have a turboed pathfinder, or take a supercharged 3.5 out of an xterrra and throw it in there, that would have been cool too. Anyways, I know of one I saw on Youtube about a turbo'd pathy, but their engine bay looked funny, and hard to work on. I thought about the supercharger, but again, hard to work on. So I scrapped it, I will stick with the VG30 for now, maybe rebuild it in the future and shave down the heads a mil or so to give a few more ponies without ruining the engine. I could always balance the thing out and port and polish too, but that is too much for someone like me. I just wanted to talk about something interesting, thanks for all the replies.