Tire Test Fit

ronin152

Do you think a tire place would test fit some 265/65/17's on my stock LE rims to see if they clear the strut with a 2" lift? Would they do this for free or charge me? Or basically say you have to get the tires once we put them on?

for rims I know for sure they do not do it, but tires , if you are serious about buying them and you let them know that if they fit you buy, I don't think there would be any problems...

I guess that would be true if they have the tire in stock....probably not going to work if they need to order it...

S.

Heres my only problem. I want to see how the 31's look and fit first and if they look too small I will go with the 32's. I don't think a tire place would be too keen on my proposition unless I am buying the tires. Because once they mount a tire I could be considered "used".

Heres my only problem. I want to see how the 31's look and fit first and if they look too small I will go with the 32's. I don't think a tire place would be too keen on my proposition unless I am buying the tires. Because once they mount a tire I could be considered "used".

Yes they clear the stock strut, but not by much. Mine are 265/65R17 on the X rims, here are the pics without the spacers...

0831081017.jpg

Then I added the 1.5" wheel spacers ONLY to move the wheels flush with the fender flares...

0928081828a.jpg

And now the X rims on the 01 with the wheel spacers...

formalweekend073.jpg

which le rims? mine are only 16 and i have 265/70/16, which is "almost" similar to a 265/65/17. i have no problems with rubbing.

some old pics with my blown struts and shocks, so the car sits a tad bit higher now. but everything else is stock.

DSC01746.jpg

DSC01717.jpg

but yeah, i dont think a tire place will unless you know someone that works at a place with some old tires laying around.

EDIT: actually, using http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html my 265/70/16 is slightly (talking minuscule here) bigger then 265/65/17.

Edited by fukkeneh240

Thanks for the pics guys. The 31's look a little underwhelming on the pathys and I am thinking 32's will fill out pretty nice but I don't know if its worth the extra weight. Thanks though.

I find this to be a tough call personally...I have 265/75/16 on my double tr-star SE wheels. I often think that they aer not worth the hassle and weight. REVO's would be sweeter if I had gotten the 265/70/16...that little bit of size for the weight and the rubb factor...maybe I am just getting old! Lol.