Safari / Roof Rack install

colbywan

very nice job. :goodpost:

ive been looking for a used roof rack and other parts for my pathy for a long time. :ohno01:

i was going to buy a brand new rack when i realized my timing belt is due soon. this is a job that scares the hell outta me. :crossedwires::headwall::suicide:

the only thing different i would've done is have a separate 'master' switch for all the rack lights. Here the cops don't take kindly to off road lighting; last thing i would want would be an accidental blinding.

I REALLY liked ylur 'fuse block' placement. I just picked up one myself, and have been pondering where to mount it.

once again. nice job. :aok:

peace brotha

al

thats exactly what i want mine to look like. i have 2 KC's on the original roof rack. i havent had a chance to wire them up or anything. a mechanic told me that the dome light would maybe have enough juice to run them. what do yall think about that idea?

I would recommend NOT doing that. The offroad lights will draw a significant amount more power. I think the best way would be to wire a relay directly to you battery then to the light. If you hook to the dome you could start blowing fuses for sure.

very nice job. :goodpost:

ive been looking for a used roof rack and other parts for my pathy for a long time. :ohno01:

i was going to buy a brand new rack when i realized my timing belt is due soon. this is a job that scares the hell outta me. :crossedwires::headwall::suicide:

the only thing different i would've done is have a separate 'master' switch for all the rack lights. Here the cops don't take kindly to off road lighting; last thing i would want would be an accidental blinding.

I REALLY liked ylur 'fuse block' placement. I just picked up one myself, and have been pondering where to mount it.

once again. nice job. :aok:

peace brotha

al

That's a good idea for a master switch I haven't had any issues with accidental lighting but I guess there's always that possibility that it could ya know :)

Thanks dude!

-Colby

• 2 years later...