Rocker Panel Question?

I have a 99 pathfinder. I have a dented rocker panel (panel under the door). I was wondering if anyone has any idea where I can purchase one online because the body shop gave me an outragous quote of 1800 to fix everything (that includes labor).

Thanks a Mil!!!

:deadhorse::crossedwires::FartExplode-vi:

FYI: The door makes a squeak when it is being closed. The whole panel is dented. When I get back in town sunday I will post some pictures. Thanks for all of the information in advanced!

Edited by 99BoomFinder

the only way to replace that piece is to cut it off and weld in a new one. the other option would be to try and pull it out a bit, then fill it with bondo and/or fiberglass it. it shouldn't be $1800 but it's not going to be cheap. i say ignore it. you probably can't even tell it's damaged.

your other option would be to get some rock sliders. they'll hide any previous damage, and prevent future damage. :)

Edited by alexrex20

As for the welding part, you can probably go to a Junk yard and have someone cut a rocker panel off another R50, and get all that for about, I'd say $200 at most (I like to over estimate), take it and your's to a welding shop, have them cut your dented one off and weld in the new one for about another $250 (just be sure your carpet and all that is flamible around the area is out of the vehicle before you go). Then, prep it for paint, and all that good stuff.

All in all, your probably looking at about $700 total for everything AT TOPS. I don't know what the prices are where your at, or how much labor cost are. Just an estimate from experience in my area.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe you cant' purchase a rocker panel from nissan on it's own, I think you get it as part of the floor pan.

$1800 bucks would be enough to paint a whole truck, you're getting ripped off

a good body shop would simply pull the existing dent by welding a metal piece onto it and using a slide hammer.

Then they will have to use a little filler to make it 100% straight.

don't bother with paint for the rocker panels, have black rubberized rocker guard sprayed on both sides of the truck.

You should be able to get all that done for $500-$700 bucks if you're paying a body shop, or do it in your driveway on a weekend.

Edited by morpheus

I am with the option of having a metal piece welded into it and pull it out .

If all above options dont work out for you don't worry about it , it is a scar from the battle field .

My passenger rocker panel is mashed in a few inches, and so is the bottom of the door.

Like TheCrow said, scar from the battlefield :aok:

I was quoted $775 to fix the rocker panel, door, and paint it.

Yeah both of mine are all mashed in. I really wanted to cut out the rockers and weld in some thicker steel reenforced to the subframe...basically built in sliders, but I don't have the money or the balls to do it. Instead I think I'm just going to por15 them since my truck is already black :)