Winch Mount Bush Guard

Runnerman

I had this with another thread but I think it needs it's own.

Is there a reason why they don't make pushbars that can hold winches for our Pathfinders. I think I maybe needing one.

I know I can't buy one but I might be able to make one if there is no real reason for this.

Who knows maybe another production pce in the making.

Any reasons or suggestions you might have would be appreciated.

Thanks

:beer:

Well, ARB makes a winch mount bumper for 99.5+ that is kind of like a bruch guard, just beefier. I think the main reason that push bars/brush guards/whatever aren't made to mount a winch on is strength (or lack thereof). They are made mostly for looks, and maybe to mount a few lights on too. If you could make one, that would be great, I'd be interested B)

I think the only reason winch compatible bumpers are hard to find for Pathys is small market share. It isn't a structural concern (uni-body vs frame, etc)

I have a TJM on my 97 that can accept a winch - although I haven't bought one yet.

Seems there is less options for the newer Pathys, although I'm not sure exactly why the 96-99 bumpers don't fit.

mike

www.purplelizard.com

I've been thinking of a winch bumper for my 02 as well, but the only option out there is the ARB sahara for over a 1000 bucks... It looks nice, but c'mon, isn't there a cheaper option? Also, what changed from 99 to 99.5 on the front end apart from the headlights and grill? couldn't the mounts be re-fabbed to make the pre-99.5 bumper fit my '02? And if so, where can I find a fabricator around central/northern MA???

Ok how much do Grill guards go for and what do they weigh?

As I am going to be covering the cost of shipping on everything I sell now.

This Bush Bar is going to be heavier in weight then a Grill guard. So anyone out there have a Grill Guard can you post the weight.

Thanks

:beer: