96-04 1" aluminum strut spacers

morpheus

They look perfect....why aluminum though?

I have always wondered what the big deal was with using such a light metal there? I had mine made from plate steel 3/4" and paid $120. They were sorry they charged so much but it was the amount of time they spent trimming the steel up.

If it is weight that we are worried about with the aluminum, consider the R50's lofty 4200+ weight! Take off those doors and tube it out!!

How big are those roughly? I have to disagree on the price also. Considering that 1" aluminum carb spacers are about $20 bucks (with hardware and a couple gaskets) and seem to be around the same size. Mass production aside, that's 10x the price.

Not saying that Mike here is trying to rip people off, I just don't think you get what you pay for. I guess thats what you get with supply and demand and the fact that these are probably being made in Canada :/

I'm not making them, I'm just buying myself a set, and the guy said he could make more for me if there was anyone interested.

I thought the price was ok, since they are being made from aircraft aluminum, and cnc machined, not cut in a jigsaw, and the majority of the cost is his labour, not materials.

Could I have gotten them cheaper? maybe? If I ordered a set from the states, I would have got nailed at the border for taxes, duty and brokerage fees, which probably would have doubled the price of the spacers anyways. I wasn't about to waste my time shopping around to try to save a couple of bucks.

No one's forcing anyone to buy them, I simply stated I have access to a supplier, if you want a set, I can get a set, if you don't want a set, then don't worry about it, walk away.

• 3 weeks later...
Or something else...I recall that he bought them from Tyler for the same deal you got Mike...What a joker. :thumbsdown:

Dont try to recall $hit cause u weren't there and u dont know how much i got them for.

And why are you even on this board anymore, you can no longer afford a pathfinder but you still come here just to try and talk $hit, ur hilarious