what if i replace stock 7x15" wheels with 8.5x15" ?

KLL

I need more width. Some may remember i was asking about spacers. I gave up that idea and now thinking about buying new "15 inch wheels.

If i install wider wheels such as 8.25 or 8.5, what happens? will it rub something? Tire size is 265x70x15.

wheel offset value is -5 ET. what does that mean?

here is an image of that wheel. this is only model i can find. nobody is selling more expensive ones. I checked dick cepek and mickey thompson. no luck on 15". my tires are almost new.

tvt_1700.jpg

could you help me please?

Edited by KLL

I need more width. Some may remember i was asking about spacers. I gave up that idea and now thinking about buying new "15 inch wheels.

If i install wider wheels such as 8.25 or 8.5, what happens? will it rub something? Tire size is 265x70x15.

wheel offset value is -5 ET. what does that mean?

here is an image of that wheel. this is only model i can find. nobody is selling more expensive ones. I checked dick cepek and mickey thompson. no luck on 15". my tires are almost new.

tvt_1700.jpg

could you help me please?

if you keep the same backspacing the tire will be offset away from the car and you will have less tire extending past the rim on both sides so you will gain a little clearance on the inside.

I'm not sure what 'ET' means, but my guesstimation is it's probably a 5" backspacing... :shrug:

15x8 wheels will fit but you need to be certain the backspacing is correct to ensure strut clearance. If I'm not mistaken, I think the correct backspacing should be withing 3.75"-4.25".

I'm not sure what 'ET' means, but my guesstimation is it's probably a 5" backspacing... :shrug:

15x8 wheels will fit but you need to be certain the backspacing is correct to ensure strut clearance. If I'm not mistaken, I think the correct backspacing should be withing 3.75"-4.25".

ET is Offset. Offset is measured from the center line of the wheel, in mm. -5ET means that the wheel mounting surface of the rim is 5MM towards the inside edge from center. Which translates into approximately 4" backspacing on an 8.5" wheel.

ET is Offset. Offset is measured from the center line of the wheel, in mm. -5ET means that the wheel mounting surface of the rim is 5MM towards the inside edge from center. Which translates into approximately 4" backspacing on an 8.5" wheel.

Does that come with a diagram?

thank you friends ,at least i understood what offset is. it is the difference between the vertical axis line and fitting point when looking to rim at sides, right in the middle. when -5 mm it, vertical axis moves inside of vehicee, so wheel moves outside 5 mm. am i correct?

if you keep the same backspacing the tire will be offset away from the car and you will have less tire extending past the rim on both sides so you will gain a little clearance on the inside.

so if this wheel is installed, suppose that it is 8.5 inch, from both sides there will be 1.25 inch more width.

according to my measurement on actual tire, there is almost 10 inches between the tire sides, and 8.2 inches is the surface of tire touching to ground.

if it is so, tire will be looking like its sides are almost leveled with rim sides, vertically. and i imagine it will not be looking like an egg. or weird drift car tires. what do you say?

yes, a 265-width tire will fit better on an 8.5in wheel than a 7in wheel.

can someone confirm that stock 15" alloy wheel offset of r50 rim is +30 ?

If you measure the backspacing, you can use the above chart to determine your offset.

If I'm remembering correctly, I think the backspacing of the 7JJx15 Alloys (SE wheels) is 4.75", but I'm not 100%. 4.75" would equate to approximately a +20 offset.

• 2 weeks later...

here is the result

p3080746medium.jpg

p3080731medium.jpg

i found that,offset of stock wheels are about +26 ET. my new tires are +10. so car has ~3 cm better track now. no rubbing issues.