The Air Flow Meter

Camera1

I had a set of Python Injectors once and THEY BOTH FAILED at the same time after only 4 months of use. It put my vechile into limp mode which prevents rpm above 2,800 and dropped my average down to 9mpg for that tank.

1 I can understand, but the pair went out. they also may need a core if your going to have them do your MAF.

IMO don't trust them and stick w/ stock or If you must look @ what the 300zx guys are doing for MAF; I think they convert other vehicles MAF's to their needs.

I had a set of Python Injectors once and THEY BOTH FAILED at the same time after only 4 months of use. It put my vechile into limp mode which prevents rpm above 2,800 and dropped my average down to 9mpg for that tank.

1 I can understand, but the pair went out. they also may need a core if your going to have them do your MAF.

IMO don't trust them and stick w/ stock or If you must look @ what the 300zx guys are doing for MAF; I think they convert other vehicles MAF's to their needs.

Thanks, I was checking around. I am gratefull for the heads up!

I was just lookin' around.

o ok i was just wondering. I didnt really think there was to much out there for upgrades. but like they said look on z31performance.com and see what some of thema re using for MAF

Ohhhh, I get it now. You're looking for a larger MAF housing to see if it helps with power. The sensor itself makes no difference to power output. Some people have tried using a larger throttlebody and/or enlarging the MAF housing but it just doesn't make enough difference to make it worthwhile.

Putting a different MAF in will not help you with power. The MAF has a map in the ECU that is specific to it. Unless you get in and change the MAF map, all that will happen is confusion and waste of fuel in the ECU. There are 8 lines in the ECU bin file code that comprise the map. You could take the MAF from the 300zxTT and get the MAF map from it then put those lines in the Pathfinder ECU code. Short of that, changing the physical sensor will not do what you might think it would.

Putting a different MAF in will not help you with power. The MAF has a map in the ECU that is specific to it. Unless you get in and change the MAF map, all that will happen is confusion and waste of fuel in the ECU. There are 8 lines in the ECU bin file code that comprise the map. You could take the MAF from the 300zxTT and get the MAF map from it then put those lines in the Pathfinder ECU code. Short of that, changing the physical sensor will not do what you might think it would.

That makes a lot of sense! I am staying with stock!