Wheel backspacing?

new4x4r

How much backspacing is enough to widen the stance (make the flares look filled) but not rub ( a little rubbing is fine, I don't mind cutting stuff hahha) I was looking at wheels with 3.75" of backspacing is that cool? Yell at me if this thread has been done to death

My 16x8's have a 4.75" backspacing and it fills the fender damn nice! :D

Minimal rubbing at full lock but that's it, and I'm rollin' 32" tires. :aok:

DANG 4.75 backspacing? What wheel is that? Im trying to figure out what the best backspace will be once I get the sfd and 33 inch KM2's keeping in mind that im getting 10.5's

DANG 4.75 backspacing? What wheel is that? Im trying to figure out what the best backspace will be once I get the sfd and 33 inch KM2's keeping in mind that im getting 10.5's

They're American Racing 767's. I'm a bit skeptical on the backspacing; the guy who ordered them for me said it was 5" backspacing. When they came in he said 4.75"... :scratchhead:

For the tires they're Toyo Open Country A/T's, 32x10.5 and they fit nicely in the wells without any rubbing except when I'm really cranking the wheel in tight places (parking lots, etc.). When the SFD gets here and it's installed, I'm planning on Toyo M/T's, 33x12.5, same wheels but 15x10 with 3" backspacing. There should be lots of meat hanging out the fenders but meh... :lol:

They're American Racing 767's. I'm a bit skeptical on the backspacing; the guy who ordered them for me said it was 5" backspacing. When they came in he said 4.75"... :scratchhead:

For the tires they're Toyo Open Country A/T's, 32x10.5 and they fit nicely in the wells without any rubbing except when I'm really cranking the wheel in tight places (parking lots, etc.). When the SFD gets here and it's installed, I'm planning on Toyo M/T's, 33x12.5, same wheels but 15x10 with 3" backspacing. There should be lots of meat hanging out the fenders but meh... :lol:

Yeah I really like the look of the rubber and sidewall extending past the fender flares, but I really dont want to go with 12.5 because I dont want to stress the steering too much, and a 10 inch wheel dang, i was going to go with 8's

Yeah I really like the look of the rubber and sidewall extending past the fender flares, but I really dont want to go with 12.5 because I dont want to stress the steering too much, and a 10 inch wheel dang, i was going to go with 8's

33x12.5 tires shouldn't be hard on the steering, and hopefully to balance that out, I'll be wrapping them around 15x10 wheels. I've got the AC CV axles which I'm hoping will strengthen up the front but I doubt any steering modification will be required. :shrug: