Lifting a 2004 R50

giancarlo93

Hello

I bought a 2004 R50 3.5 SE.

It currently have 265/60/R17 tires.

When I posted the first time I said I was not going to do any mods, well it was a big lie :D .

I will like to know how can I put from 33's to 35's on it and keeping the flares.

I am new to R50's, so I dont know about them, WD21 Rules! :D

Here are some pictures

DSC00208.jpg

DSC00209.jpg

DSC00210.jpg

DSC00211.jpg

DSC00213.jpg

Edited by giancarlo93

HUMMMM, congrats on changing your mind...it was for the better. As far as how to fit 33-35's there is only 1 way- to get a Sub Frame Drop Lift. They are custom and only a few people...me being one of them are getting them. So unless you want to build your own...im afraid your out of luck :( Anyways there is a 2 inch suspension lift aviable through AC but even with that you can only clear a max tire size of 32's? Good luck with this :)

HUMMMM, congrats on changing your mind...it was for the better. As far as how to fit 33-35's there is only 1 way- to get a Sub Frame Drop Lift. They are custom and only a few people...me being one of them are getting them. So unless you want to build your own...im afraid your out of luck :( Anyways there is a 2 inch suspension lift aviable through AC but even with that you can only clear a max tire size of 32's? Good luck with this :)

Thanks for the info.

What will happen if I buy AC 2 inch suspension lift and then build a custom spacer of 1 inch so I can have 3 inch suspension lift?

Do you think I can fit 33's with that combination?

Edited by giancarlo93

Thanks for the info.

What will happen if I buy AC 2 inch suspension lift and then build a custom spacer of 1 inch so I can have 3 inch suspension lift?

Do you think I can fit 33's with that combination?

um, why don't you just run 32s?

where the hell do you live where you need rolls of Barbed-Wire placed onto 7 foot walls and have every window and A/C Unit barred out.

jesus lol

ANd I say don't touch ur car. It looks very classy as it is

Edited by Andrizzle

where the hell do you live where you need rolls of Barbed-Wire placed onto 7 foot walls and have every window and A/C Unit barred out.

jesus lol

ANd I say don't touch ur car. It looks very classy as it is

That are the things you see only in the pictures.

You havent seen the two body guards I have and the weapons! :lol:

When I posted the first time I said I was not going to do any mods, well it was a big lie :D .

Mwuahahhaha!!

I will like to know how can I put from 33's to 35's on it and keeping the flares.

As mentioned for 35's you would need a subframe drop. (SystemF has a good thread on the AC board when he built his lift)

A couple of guys have rammed 33's under an R50 with the AC lift, I'm not sure how that would affect your flares... I understand it is a tight fit.

I'm afraid you bought the wrong model for big tires... :shrug:

B

All I hear is blah blah blah blah blah ...

You havent seen the two body guards I have and the weapons! :lol:

eep!

I'm afraid you bought the wrong model for big tires... :shrug:

B

No he didn't. It just takes a little more work to make them fit.

It's going to be difficult to keep the fender flares with 35s. I tried this a while back since I liked the look much better with flares but the tires ended up ripping them off. It can be done but you're going to need a good amount of lift to do it.

35s seem to me to be a lot of weight to have come slamming into your fender well, with no frame for the impact to be disbursed. I can see the mounts for the shocks and what not being punched through the floor after some time of abuse...

Just my :my2cents::shrug:

35s seem to me to be a lot of weight to have come slamming into your fender well, with no frame for the impact to be disbursed. I can see the mounts for the shocks and what not being punched through the floor after some time of abuse...

Just my :my2cents::shrug:

What does having the frame and body permanently connected have to do with anything? People talk about R50 frames like they're going to break in half if you aren't careful. :headwall:

My fender is dented from having a 35" swamper rub up against it but my frame is in great shape. The only way your shock mounts are going to "come through the floor" is if you try to fit 16" travel shocks on a stock Pathfinder and try jumping it without bumpstops. My tires hit my fender before my 12" travel shocks bottomed out so I don't see this being an issue.

Edited by tmorgan4

What does having the frame and body permanently connected have to do with anything? People talk about R50 frames like they're going to break in half if you aren't careful. :headwall:

My fender is dented from having a 35" swamper rub up against it but my frame is in great shape. The only way your shock mounts are going to "come through the floor" is if you try to fit 16" travel shocks on a stock Pathfinder and try jumping it without bumpstops. My tires hit my fender before my 12" travel shocks bottomed out so I don't see this being an issue.

It was just a thought that I wrote out...sheeeshhh...

And that is exactly the problem! Too many people read and repeat the "R50s are waiting to fall apart" argument without anything to back it up.

That's not even at all where my train of thought was going, but okay...if you want it to take it that way, that's not my problem.

er anyway

To restate my smartass comment above, I've been thinking lately that doing prerunner style fenders with a susp lift would be a much cheaper way of running 33's, but I haven't really figured out how realistic it is to do on the rear.

Prerunner fenders are generally fiberglass, and a lot of runners have had them, but the only ones I've seen in the rear are the older runners with the removable rear where the rear quarters stopped below the rear windows.

Regardless it's an alternative to a SFD which I don't have interest in doing to my truck.

All I hear is blah blah blah blah blah ...

No suprise. Clean your ears and listen... :D

No he didn't. It just takes a little more work to make them fit.

That is my point...

You can get 33" tires on a wd21 with about $500 for parts and can easily go bigger from there if you are willing to trim. It is a bit harder/more expensive for the R50s, that's all.

Hell, I can put 38s on a Honda Civic if you foot the bill... :shrug:

B

I can't quite tell if both those quotes are directed at me since you left off the usernames. Realistically though, it might not be that much more expensive once you factor in all the other weak points of the WD. The R50s don't need upgraded steering for running bigger than stock tires which is pretty much a necessity on WDs. I agree with you that you can fit as big of tires as you'd like if you're willing to trim the fenders. I fit 35s on my R50 with $500 in parts...you just have to do the work yourself.

Edited by tmorgan4

I can't quite tell if both those quotes are directed at me since you left off the usernames. Realistically though, it might not be that much more expensive once you factory in all the other weak points of the WD. The R50s don't need upgraded steering for running bigger than stock tires which is pretty much a necessity on WDs. I agree with you that you can fit as big of tires as you'd like if you're willing to trim the fenders. I fit 35s on my R50 with $500 in parts...you just have to do the work yourself.

That's 90% of the fun, though! :aok:

That knowledge aside, however, lifting a R50 to fit 35's can be a time- and money-consuming endeavour. That doesn't mean it isn't worth it! :D

I can't quite tell if both those quotes are directed at me since you left off the usernames. Realistically though, it might not be that much more expensive once you factory in all the other weak points of the WD. The R50s don't need upgraded steering for running bigger than stock tires which is pretty much a necessity on WDs. I agree with you that you can fit as big of tires as you'd like if you're willing to trim the fenders. I fit 35s on my R50 with $500 in parts...you just have to do the work yourself.

The first was for Pezzy, the second for you...

Good point about upgrading the steering. I still feel that gaining clearance for large tires is easier and you have more options with a frame and chassis set up though. :shrug:

But hey, that's why it's called customizing... :D

B