Problems with video files

Ramithepimp77

Hey I used Windows Movie Maker to make a video for my football team but for some reason some .avi format files, while playing in the finished product, will play half screen while the other half of the screen is like neon green. Other .avi files will play normal though. It is only the files that came from my cousins digital camera. Has anyone experienced this problem and if so how have you fixed it.

I also tried to convert the videos from .avi to .mpg or even .wmv but the only FREE converters that I have found will place a banner across the converted file while it plays. Any suggestions for a FREE video converter?

Rami

Hey I used Windows Movie Maker to make a video for my football team but for some reason some .avi format files, while playing in the finished product, will play half screen while the other half of the screen is like neon green. Other .avi files will play normal though. It is only the files that came from my cousins digital camera. Has anyone experienced this problem and if so how have you fixed it.

I also tried to convert the videos from .avi to .mpg or even .wmv but the only FREE converters that I have found will place a banner across the converted file while it plays. Any suggestions for a FREE video converter?

Rami

the file should've output in a wmv format, if you used windows movie maker.