33's with 3bl

tyrhine

ok ok so I know alot of people are going to say use the search! well I did for awhile all I'm looking for is pics. I just wanna see how much room there is. I'm thinking about putting 33's on I don't off road much and when I do its not anything to big so. I can deal with some fender trimming which I'll prolly need to do. I'm just wondering if anyone has any pics? that would be killer!

yea I was doing that last night and I found what I needed. should of look'd there before I posted! haha sry

No worries Bud. I still post the occasional question and get a searched link or whatever... :D

how much do i need to trim with a 3" sus lift

:search:

Seriously, I don't know first hand nor do I remember reading enough... :shrug:

B

hmm simlar question how much do i need to trim with a 3" sus lift

Easy way to figure this out:

Set up a ramp, drive up it to start flexing the suspension. Once the tire contacts the fender, mark how much you think you should trim. Continue doing this until you can flex out with no contact, and then trim a little bit more for fudge factor. :crossedwires:

I'm thinking about putting 33's on I don't off road much and when I do its not anything to big so.

Why not just run 32's then? With 33's you're going to see horrible gas mileage, and a severe lack of power. You won't have to trim as much, if at all with just a 3" body lift too.

Why not just run 32's then? With 33's you're going to see horrible gas mileage, and a severe lack of power. You won't have to trim as much, if at all with just a 3" body lift too.

because i have 33's and im going to be getting a body lift soon just need time to install it

because i have 33's and im going to be getting a body lift soon just need time to install it

I was actually referring to the thread starter ;)

But according to your sig you also have a 3" suspension lift too, correct? With both the 3" susp and 3" body lift you shouldn't have to trim much, if at all, to fit 33's.

You'll still want to do a good bit of trimming with 32"s, especially with flares. When I had 32 BFG A/Ts and a susp lift, I ended up trimming about 2.5" ahead and 1.5" behind the front tire of actual fender then hacked on the flares. Maybe a bit excessive, but I crunched them up pretty good once so I cut 'em deep this time. Even if you're doing some "light" off roading there's a chance you could catch the flare or fender in your treads and tear up the tire or truck.

My $0.02 anyway.

If you don't do much off-roading, why not just stick with some good 31s? Some people here (Pezzy for instance, although she has a lot of other mods) do even hardcore off-roading with 31s, so for lighter stuff you'd have no problems. I've been rocking half tread or lower 31s since I got my Pathfinder, and while I don't do anything hardcore (some pretty good stuff, though), I've never been in a situation where I was wishing for bigger tires. If it's for looks then that's one thing, but if you're just looking for performance, buy some good 31x10.50 MTs imo.