Will this bumper fit?

morpheus

I'm looking at this bumper from 4x4parts.com

01ddfc9f24e5307541ed5041c61c04c2.jpg

They list it as for 99.5-04 pathfinder.

Although the 96-99.5 pathy had the steel bumpers, and the 99.5-04 pathfinder had a fascia cover, as far as I know, the underneath is basically the same.

an R50 is an R50 from 96-04.

I emailed 4x4parts.com and they simply told me they haven't tried fitting it on an older R50, so they don't know if it will fit.

Has anyone tried this one, or one similar on a 96-99.5 pathy?

Thanks.

Edited by morpheus

Mike,

I still don't know for sure if anyone has ever fit the ARB on a 96-99 pathy... What I assume will happen, is you will have a gap between the bumper and the grille, as the grille on the older R50's is flatter than that of the 99.5-04.

The TJM I have is made for the 96-99 pathy, and I have it on my 99.5.

It fit the mounts perfectly, the only issue I have is the grille covers more of the top of the bumper than it should, and I cannot access some of the holes for the winch. (and I had to remove antenna tab... hood sticks out more too.)

I know "Daddy Rim" bought an ARB Bumper to put on the older R50, but I never heard if he got it on, or how it fit -- you may want to PM him, and ask him how it went.

Also the subject has come up on the 4x4parts forum, but I don't recall for certain if anyone has done it. I think one guy put one on a QX4, and ended up with a gap... I'd suggest you search there, as I'm only going from memory, which is a scary thing. heheh :)

Mike,

I still don't know for sure if anyone has ever fit the ARB on a 96-99 pathy... What I assume will happen, is you will have a gap between the bumper and the grille, as the grille on the older R50's is flatter than that of the 99.5-04.

I know "Daddy Rim" bought an ARB Bumper to put on the older R50, but I never heard if he got it on, or how it fit -- you may want to PM him, and ask him how it went.

Your correct Pezzy, I did fit the ARB on my 97, and your spot on, there is a gap between the bumper and the grill. The gap is not noticeable when looking head on but can be seen when looking from the side. I'll try to find some pre-lift pictures of the 97 to post up.

Edited by Daddy Rim

Your correct Pezzy, I did fit the ARB on my 97, and your spot on, there is a gap between the bumper and the grill. The gap is not noticeable when looking head on but can be seen when looking from the side. I'll try to find some pre-lift pictures of the 97 to post up.

You're the nx4 guy, correct? Sweet website btw. :aok:

The ARB bumper fits nicely except for the gap. Maybe a thicker rubber piece in between could help take up some space...? :scratchhead:

That would be awesome... this question comes up quite a lot!

Haha :lol:

He's got a point, though. I'd kill for a TJM bumper, or even just the blueprints... :/

There was a kid out in South Town, CA (not Adam "Fueler" though) that has/had one sitting around in his garage for like almost 2 years now & I tried to buy it from him but the little prick wouldn't get offf his as$ to drop it off at Forward Air Terminal to ship it... f*cker! I haven't heard from him since he never returned any of my PM's or emails over on AC...

I prodded a little in person with Dan, his intentions are to get another R50, so no intention to get rid of some of his most unique parts...

I'm hoping my persuasion skills might come in handy... But you're probably right.

Even just the dimensions for the TJM would be sweet, though. I've got a connection for custom fabrication and having blueprints handy would make a HUGE difference.