D44/D60 Front/Rear

180sx

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/pts/1021983256.html

So is this pricey or what? Sounds like alot of money to me for some axles...what do you guys think?

That's actually not bad for a 44/60 combo...especially since they've got what sounds like a decent set of gears in them...usually when someone upgrades the gears, they'll throw a locker in, too, so you might get away with that...You don't really need a 60 on an R50, though....unless you intend on jumping it like 40 feet, then, yeah, the stronger the better...in all reality, running 33's, you could get away with a D30/35 and you wouldn't break it unless you went crazy...I'd go 44's, personally.

I'd be more curious, because to my knowledge they never put a D60 in a Grand waggoneer.

the price is OK..

A d44 in a pathy is boarderline.. they are PIGS..

A dana 60 is ment for hauling weight, therefore larger bearings alxes.. ect.. for horsepower applications a 9" is just as strong and half the weight. They can be picked up for under 150 bucks

Just because Jeep never put a 60 on a Waggy, doesn't mean that there isn't a Waggy with a 60 rear under it.

Now, that said, most Dana60s are Full Width axles, and wouldn't match a Wagoneer width front 44. Seems like either the guy's got set of full-width axles that he put under a Waggy, that he's trying to sell, or he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Either way, I'd be skeptical, and would want to see detailed pictures with WMS to WMS measurements before determining weather or not it's a fair price.

But, as 87 said, for an R50, you'd be better off with a HP44 front/9" rear combination...or, even keep the 233b, as that's a pretty damn stout axle to begin with.

The R50 OEM axles should be more than capable of handling 33's, no? :scratchhead:

What advantage would Dana 44's offer over the H233B?

well, if he's looking to buy a D44 front, then i'm assuming he's going to SAS. if that's the case, you'd have to swap out the H233B because the Dana and Hitachi don't offer the same gear ratios. (you can get them close enough to be safe, so long as you only ever engage 4x4 in the dirt/snow/mud/etc.) the H233B is indeed strong enough to handle 33s or even 35s, but the main limiting factor is the lack of aftermarket. dare i venture to say the H233B is stronger than a D44? yes, yes i do.

well, if he's looking to buy a D44 front, then i'm assuming he's going to SAS. if that's the case, you'd have to swap out the H233B because the Dana and Hitachi don't offer the same gear ratios. (you can get them close enough to be safe, so long as you only ever engage 4x4 in the dirt/snow/mud/etc.) the H233B is indeed strong enough to handle 33s or even 35s, but the main limiting factor is the lack of aftermarket. dare i venture to say the H233B is stronger than a D44? yes, yes i do.

:lol:

So then a D44 front is a better option because of aftermarket support and parts availability in terms of going SAS... Something important should an SAS front conversion ever be considered. :aok:

Hey guys. Thanks for the replies. I've been looking at all my options for this R50. From AC SL to SFD to SAS (buddy is SAS'ing his Toy so it would be easier to use his shop for it). Now, when i was talking to some guy at the shop, he saw the front diff, and asked why don't i just get axle tubes fitted onto the diff and make it a solid axle that way. I said that it would be weak as hell like that, but he swore on it. has any one ever even thought of this?