Hello From Victoria in OZ

phoenix

Hey There guys ill start by saying im 18 from oz and a proud owner of a 92' pathfinder ti , i thought i would register here becuase it looks like the only decent place to get advice on these wonderful cars.

I have a few questions to start things off , like what is required to get a cheap lift going? are only springs required or is it easier to do a body lift?

Also i noticed my oil light tends to stay on for 5-10 seconds after starting the car is this normal?

and last , were is the best place to get parts in australia?, i think arb do a snorkel but im having trouble finding other 4x4 items, like lift kits etc, other items that every turn you take are there for landcrusier and patrol.

Thanks

Hey Pheonix, welcome. Always good to see another from Oz here. You will have fun locating people to supply aftermarket 4x4 parts for a 92, I have a 93 and when I called Repco for CV joints, even giving him their part number I was told that they cant get them. Most people over here don't look at the Terry as a real off-roader. I have located a place here in WA that I can get original equipment from, which is good. But not add-ons like lift kits (Mine was already lifted). Seems the US are a little more appreciative of the Pathy/Terrano, with alot of places doing aftermarket parts. If you can wait for them to be delivered, https://www.4x4parts.com/catalog/index.php they have the most comprehensive stock of A/M parts for the early models that I have ever seen.

Cheers

Dave

LOL !!

Welcome phoenix, just remember not to do that in the Terrano... ;)

While you may have trouble finding some parts down there (body lift, after market suspension), you have other components that cost much more here, for example ARB parts. :shrug:

There is a list of parts suppliers pinned at the top of the General section that you should check out.

B

While you may have trouble finding some parts down there (body lift, after market suspension), you have other components that cost much more here, for example ARB parts. :shrug:

Hmmm, ARB. When I went up the coast last weekend I was with a bloke who is fairly high up in ARB. He is giving me fairly decent discounts if I need anything, like the newish EZ tyre deflator, retails around $55.00, he will give me one for 40 bucks, but the valve stems on my rig a the short type, and his wouldnt work on mine cos the head on the deflator was hitting my rims. Time to change the stems I think.

Welcome to NPORA!!

Re: ARB... guys on the PCoA were complaining that they can get an ARB Bumper less (or close to the same price??) by ordering from a place like 4x4parts, and have it shipped from the states. Seems they get charged out the wazoo in Australia.

TJM, Lovells, Ironman, Dobinsons all do the suspension parts for your car. I've found out though that WD21 brakes on aussie cars are different to those put on the same vehicles in different countries... bit of a bugger now i've got my aussie spec vehicle in the UK as I can't get replacement pads for it. Oh well....

I think it's a real pity how underestimated a pathy is in oz , oh well

Thanks Again guys

Welcome Mate ,

It's good to see more people from OZ realize that this is the best site for all things Pathy , :aok:

The more you drive the harder stuff with Patrols and Cruser's the more they respect the Pathy .