1993 SE 4x4 - Factory Security System Problem

audiwhore

So, I understand the factory equipped security system has a bunch of problems. One issue I've ran into is it wants to arm itself when I lock the vehicle and shut the doors even though I have it set to "off" on the center console toggle switch. Can someone explain to me why it is arming with the switch turned to "off? Is there a easy way to basically disable or otherwise remove the system?

one way to remove it might be to take the box out from under your drivers seat its a little black box closest to the center of the car the other box is your ecu. I dont know if that will fully disenage it though.

Mine has an issue with it's alarm too. No matter where the switch is, it doesn't arm the alarm. Also, when I bought my pathy, it came with only the copied key. If I were to buy a remote off ebay, would it be easy to program to my pathy, or would I have to take it to a dealer?

Edited by 95champagnepath

Mine has an issue with it's alarm too. No matter where the switch is, it doesn't arm the alarm. Also, when I bought my pathy, it came with only the copied key. If I were to buy a remote off ebay, would it be easy to program to my pathy, or would I have to take it to a dealer?

That's what I did and it worked like a charm. There's a DIY on here somewhere on how to reprogram your remote. Basically you just reset the blackbox under the driver's seat by using a small button on top.

That's what I did too! It was really easy!

If fact edicer2 is selling one rigtht now in the for sale section if I remember correctly.

-Colby

^^ that is correct! serves me no good my new 92 didnt come with the factory keyless like my 93 did. Too bad i never got to use it it broke before i had time to program it ha its still in the wrapper.