Do you know to speak Engrish?

Ramon

Absolute never ever use a online translator a friend who said speak English to translate signals

this is what I am talking about

:huh:

never full 18 persons :rolf:

serve-alcohol-subtitle1.jpg

"pls dons read"

kitchen.jpg

What The Heck is a "panicure"i just can´t stop laughing

panicure.jpg

deadlock??

deadlock-danger.jpg

for more visit the following link there hundreds of those

http://engrishfunny.com/

I have read many Japanese machine manuals (technical operation, maintenance, etc) and 50% of them were vague, confusing and interspersed with sheer gibberish. As maddening as funny when you really need to get something figured out!!

My joke was that when a model was to be introduced to market, some chairman would say "My son!! He study english in college, speak well. He translate manual!!"

Yeah, lame stereo type, but you should have read the manuals... :shrug:

B

I have read many Japanese machine manuals (technical operation, maintenance, etc) and 50% of them were vague, confusing and interspersed with sheer gibberish. As maddening as funny when you really need to get something figured out!!

My joke was that when a model was to be introduced to market, some chairman would say "My son!! He study english in college, speak well. He translate manual!!"

B

Couldn't agree with you more on this one, B. The Japanese who can speak proficient English are rightfully not those translating documents. I've always wondered why that is but then it hit me: they can make more money in better jobs.

To be honest, this issue you speak of is one of the reasons I chose to study Japanese. :aok:

Hey, smart move! There is definitely a need!!

Hopefully you will get rolling in the niche market before translation programs actually work. (we both know it will be a long time).

I believe the main problem is that the two languages, especially written, are so drastically different with their emphasis, structure and interpretations. Lets face it, interpretations are cultural and there in lies 1/2 of the problem.

I remember reading that most people 'think' in 1 language, then translate it into another, adjusting syntax, grammar, etc if they are good (kind of like english to metric measurements) Some people seem to think independently and express it correctly in the languages they know, regardless of native tongue.

I studied 3 languages other than english, never practiced and am now barely literate in any of them. Rather than brush up, I'm studying Latin... :D

Sorry for the thread jack...

:hide:

B

B

X3

Hey, smart move! There is definitely a need!!

Hopefully you will get rolling in the niche market before translation programs actually work. (we both know it will be a long time).

I believe the main problem is that the two languages, especially written, are so drastically different with their emphasis, structure and interpretations. Lets face it, interpretations are cultural and there in lies 1/2 of the problem.

I remember reading that most people 'think' in 1 language, then translate it into another, adjusting syntax, grammar, etc if they are good (kind of like english to metric measurements) Some people seem to think independently and express it correctly in the languages they know, regardless of native tongue.

I studied 3 languages other than english, never practiced and am now barely literate in any of them. Rather than brush up, I'm studying Latin... :D

Sorry for the thread jack...

:hide:

B

Thread-jacking can be a good thing! :aok:

And yes, especially between Japanese and English, there are so many cultural differences that cannot even be used vice-versa. The nuances can be so culturally engrained there is absolutely no way to put into context in any language.

I've studied French, Spanish, Japanese, and Mandarin Chinese. Most difficult so far, yet most rewarding, is the Japanese. :aok: