Lift for 33x12.5 tires

gsta127

I have a 94 pathfinder mostly stock and i am thinking about getting 33x12.5 tires, what would be the minimum amount of lift need so that the tires won't rub? Would a 3" bl be enough lift?

I have a 94 pathfinder mostly stock and i am thinking about getting 33x12.5 tires, what would be the minimum amount of lift need so that the tires won't rub? Would a 3" bl be enough lift?

I only have a 3" BL... I have very little rubbing...

Technically they are 32.83's - they came on my truck when I bought it. I am not sure of the wheel backspacing and such.

Here are the tires technical specs that I copied from http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculato...p?action=submit

Tire Size - 285/75R16

Section Width: 11.22 in 285 mm

Rim Diameter: 16 in 406.4 mm

Rim Width Range: 7.5 - 9 in

Overall Diameter: 32.83 in 833.88 mm

Sidewall Height: 8.41 in 213.61 mm

Radius: 16.41 in 416.81 mm

Circumference: 103.1 in 2618.7 mm

Revs per Mile: 633.5

N1.jpg

N2.jpg

N3.jpg

N4.jpg

N5.jpg

N6.jpg

Edited by BonnerBB

hey gsta127,

im in the middle of putting 33x12.5x15 maxxis bighorns on my 94, i have done a 2inch suspention lift and

am in the middle of doing a 3inch body lift. with both lifts installed im still having issues with tyre rub( mostly on the rear

of the front tyres??) surely 5inches of lift would give me clearance?

but then remembered that the tyres i have acually measure over an inch bigger than stated on the tyre!!!

so am running about a 34.5inch tyre!! :unsure:

so i sugest you make sure on REAL tyre sizes or you will end up doing a lot of body mods like i now have in

front of me :angry:

hope this helps

Ryan

hey gsta127,

im in the middle of putting 33x12.5x15 maxxis bighorns on my 94, i have done a 2inch suspention lift and

am in the middle of doing a 3inch body lift. with both lifts installed im still having issues with tyre rub( mostly on the rear

of the front tyres??) surely 5inches of lift would give me clearance?

but then remembered that the tyres i have acually measure over an inch bigger than stated on the tyre!!!

so am running about a 34.5inch tyre!! :unsure:

so i sugest you make sure on REAL tyre sizes or you will end up doing a lot of body mods like i now have in

front of me :angry:

hope this helps

Ryan

I run those bighorns on my dodge, You will be very pleased with those tire, I use them on trails, rock, mud, sand, snow and have had no problems walking through stuff. I split a sidewall on one but that was my fault 2 low tire pressure and big drop off a rock onto the sidewall. All of the bighorns seem a little over sized though as mine say they are 305-70r17 witch should be about 33.5 but you can put them next to a set of 35" bfg tires and they are about 1/4" taller then the BFG's.

and NZpathy I have talked to allot of people about those tire sizes and the general rule around here seams to be 3" suspension and 3" body lift and minor trimming. Some people with less lift fit them but have allot of play time with cutoff wheels and sawzaws on the fenders.

I run those bighorns on my dodge, You will be very pleased with those tire, I use them on trails, rock, mud, sand, snow and have had no problems walking through stuff. I split a sidewall on one but that was my fault 2 low tire pressure and big drop off a rock onto the sidewall. All of the bighorns seem a little over sized though as mine say they are 305-70r17 witch should be about 33.5 but you can put them next to a set of 35" bfg tires and they are about 1/4" taller then the BFG's.

and NZpathy I have talked to allot of people about those tire sizes and the general rule around here seams to be 3" suspension and 3" body lift and minor trimming. Some people with less lift fit them but have allot of play time with cutoff wheels and sawzaws on the fenders.

thanks for that BoneZ i will just be doing the cutting i think as funds are dwindling!!

P.S. sorry gsta127 for the little highjack!!!